Glow In The Dark Strips - Ideas.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've managed to obtain some Glow In The Dark Safety Strips , basically its the stuff used in Aircraft to show walk ways in power down situations.

Its printed onto Lightweight Aluminum which is light , strong and will bend ( but not too easy to bend ).

Its just short of 3cm wide and comes in different lengths from just over 30cm to 100cm.
It could be worked/filed into interesting shapes.

Does anyone have suggestions for uses? I have a few ideas but interesting to hear some others.
If anyone is interested I'll happily sell some on if they need the raw material.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Wrap around your preferred beverage container so you can easily spot it in the evening (I've just painted some patterns on my Kuksa with glow in the dark paint after spilling some vital liquid fumbling for it the other night)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Are they the metal type that require an electrical current (from a battery?) or light activated?

Things like guyline/peg markers are always handy. Zip pulls, attach to wee things that get lost 'round camp at night like lighters, torches, keys. Lots of applications. (At present I use those "nitestik" things a fair bit, though pricey.)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Are they the metal type that require an electrical current (from a battery?) or light activated?

Things like guyline/peg markers are always handy. Zip pulls, attach to wee things that get lost 'round camp at night like lighters, torches, keys. Lots of applications. (At present I use those "nitestik" things a fair bit, though pricey.)

Nope , not electrical.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I use luminous self adhesive vinyl made for sign making to mark anything I might need to lay hands on in the dark such as torches, zip pulls or catches. I mark my tripod with the same stuff so I don't kick the legs, mid exposure, in the dark too.

Most of the stuff in my pockets is also marked so that if they are dropped around camp, if I can't find them during the day, I probably will see them in the dark.

That's all I can think of at the mo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE