Gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Olive green leather ladies gardening gloves by Stanley. Expensive but worth every penny :D Wish I could still get them though :(

by the way, Welcome to BcUK :D

Cheers,
Toddy

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i use simple padded leather gloves with fabric cover on the back. The are very good in protecting me from rough jobs.

For more precision i use sailing gloves which have a 2 half fingers.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
For shelter building, lifting pans, digging etc. I use heavy suede gauntlets - I also have a pair with suede forearms and leather "hands" (aren't sales in B&Q great)/ Now, heres the thing, the suede ones insulate well when lifting hot pans, the leather much less so. Why? I have no idea!

Red

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks,

I use a pair of ex-army NI gloves, cos I am a bit of a wus...REAL men and BC's use their bare hands (and then squeel a lot)

nothatway.gif

LS

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I hate those suede builders gloves, but they work well.
I use soft leather work gloves,like the cowboys(and mr mears) wear.I prefer them unlined as the linings always hold hayseeds to stick in the back of your hand.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
hawkwind said:
Just bought some soft leather gloves from e bay just wondering what gloves everyone else is using.

All depends,
Mostly I don't bother, but when I do it'll be either a pair of aircrew gloves ( I'm Ex RAF) soft goat leather and great when worn with the silk liners - so dextrous that you can tie your shoes without removing them.
Or some neoprene fishing/shooting gloves which are just the mutts when the weather is filthy.

Ogri the trog

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
So, you are all real men/BC's...no gloves most of the time, but do you squeal like a banshee when you should have worn them but didn't?

LS

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I use Dickies gloves from the bought from the local Ag shop, they are soft enough to use for fiddly things and reasonably hard wearing also warm on the tractor in the winter.
Usual story though... forget to put them on then grab a thistle or similar and squeal!

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Fleece gloves if it's cold, leather gardening ones for rough stuff/rope work Etc.

A mate of mine had a pair of firemans gloves from a surplus shop - very heavy double leather with metal staples in the outer layer - great for tending the fire, getting hot pans off Etc.

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
The best pair of gloves I ever had were RAF pilots gloves. These were grey and a snug fit. Only problem was that the owner asked for them back! :lmao: :lmao:

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
fred gordon said:
The best pair of gloves I ever had were RAF pilots gloves. These were grey and a snug fit. Only problem was that the owner asked for them back! :lmao: :lmao:

SWMBO has a pair of those, except hers are green...cost her half a pack of sweets...loves 'em to bits...

LS

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
About the only time I wear gloves is when I am on the bike or absailing, that includes working on a roof in winter.

Wear a hat instead ;)

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
I wear:
Depending upon weather and task...

Buffalo Mitts
Black leather bike gloves with a zip.
Market stall knitted at £1 a pair or so
Microfleece Mountain equipment which are windstoppy at around £15.

Where we live it's windy(!) and can be very cold so every outdoor coat has a pair of gloves in it from around September to April. And a hat.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
fred gordon said:
I wonder if I sent down half a pack of sweets..... :rolleyes:

I wish that was the case Fred, I'd send a couple of packs myself...Lol

She was on an annual camp somewhere and as they say "in the rightr place at the right time"

LS

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
I must admit pilots gloves are the mutts, its a shame Ogri is still not in the mob or I'd be sending my virtually worn out ones to him to exchange :p

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Has anyone tried the gloves the police wear when searching etc.
The black one that are really stab proof even by needles
I can't remember the name but I thought they might be good as they're thin and will protect you when clearing thicket etc.
Not sure how they'd hold up to heat though? Probably not well as they're so thin...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE