Gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Best gloves I've used are some (relatively) cheap lined gardening gloves from Homebase.

Calfskin outers, with a soft cotton lining - lovely and warm, and exceedingly heat resistant. Cost under £15 too! :D

Now stopped using them for gardening and saving them exclusively for bush crafting! :eek:

Phil

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Phil562 said:
I must admit pilots gloves are the mutts, its a shame Ogri is still not in the mob or I'd be sending my virtually worn out ones to him to exchange :p

Phil, Hiya Buddy,
You can occasionally get them at some of the big sunday markets, and the likes of Silvermans sell them, but at a price. Mine are a latice of worn through holes as well but I've been patching them up and they're holding out well enough. I'm tempted to try a pair of the American Nomex pilots gloves, but I'm affraid that I'll be dissapointed as they are quite expensive.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
The leather gardening type dyed dark green and latex disposable surgeons for grappling with a deer’s spleen and other assorted body parts!

Cheers

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
British Red said:
For shelter building, lifting pans, digging etc. I use heavy suede gauntlets - I also have a pair with suede forearms and leather "hands" (aren't sales in B&Q great)/ Now, heres the thing, the suede ones insulate well when lifting hot pans, the leather much less so. Why? I have no idea!

Red

Really? I can only speculate that more of the leather surface is directly in contact with the hot metal and transmits the heat better than the heavy suede which traps a layer of air (a poor conductor) in the "fuzz" of the suede and gives you a few seconds more time to get the pan down before heating up.

Cheap suede canvas gloves for grubbing around on dirty tasks. Ronstan sailing gloves with thumb and index cut outs for hacking in dense bush

SunDog

Forager
Oct 14, 2005
South Coast
Ron Thompson do a great pair of "Prologic" tough neoprene gloves, primarily for fishing but great for any outdoor use, they come in camo colours. Keep your hands warm even if the gloves are wet, as they retain their thermal properties. They have peel back fingers that can be kept in place with velcro if needed. Most good fishing shops have them at around £10 a pair.
Pics on www.tackleshop.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE