Gloucestershire thread follow up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

relfy

Nomad
Can i suggest that we pick a site before thinking about pubs? Call me a grump but i don't reckon I'll be travelling to Malmesbury to then camp near Stroud...
That said i have to admit that Stroud area suits me best as I can't afford to travel far atm anyway... Am currently abusing my morris minor on a bar maid's wages since being made redundant. That's not to say hold off going elsewhere as a group! But if it were too far I'd have to duck out that's all.
I think 8th Feb onward would be fine excepting my working shifts as previously mentioned :)

relfy

Nomad
Oops sorry Luke, missed that (tap tapping on a mobile phone screen)... Berkeley Vale is lovely. Deer Park is beautiful :) River Severn: My heart and soul. I realised on a walk about 3 miles inland yesterday that i was getting separation anxiety because i couldn't see it, yesterday! Lol :) Sad huh. The Berkeley's do have some fab estate so I'm sorry i haven't got round to asking them for permissions yet. But perhaps if we meet first then that will be a better platform from which to do it. I mean i can't vouch for everyone's impeccable behaviour yet. He he :)
Did i miss us agreeing on a site too...?

Jackal 211

Jan 10, 2010
Gloucester
Why don't we all just meet up for a pint first, make sure we are all happy with each other then arrange a one nighter in Stroud at Luke's wood at a weekend. May I suggest Thursday 11th February at 8pm at Longford Inn, Tewkesbury Road, Gloucester. What do you reckon guys?

Jackal 211

Jan 10, 2010
Gloucester
OK. What about Monday 8th, same time same place? I can't do tues or weds that week as wifey has stuff already booked in so i'm on babysitting duty.

Steve

Jackal 211

Jan 10, 2010
Gloucester
LOL, imagine what it's gonna be like trying to book the actual overnighter!!!!

Let's hope luke can make this as it seems his wood might be a good shout for our first night.

Here we go.

Booked - Gloucestershire BushcraftUK Meetup / Pint / Chat / Whatever

Wednesday 17th February - 8pm

Longford Inn - Beefeater - Gloucester (loads of space normally in bar area and easy to find)

I will be there. i'll be wearing dark green fleece and have a pint in front of me. Probably half full (notice... my outlook on life!!)

Who's coming????

Steve

Spot on Steve, we'll go for Weds 17th 8pm at the Longford Inn. I think we should just all meet for a drink in the first instance, just to see what kind of 'rabble' turn up ...lol.
On that night, we can then arrange a bimble in the woods.
Does that sound like a plan to everyone??
We'll even do a list if you like, the same as on other threads (why change a good idea?). Just use Quote and add your name.

So that's:
Luke
Steve

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
Its a real shame I wont be able to make this one :-( Its all the way on the wrong side of Gloucester to me anyone about on the Quedgeley side of town??

relfy

Nomad
Its a real shame I wont be able to make this one :-( Its all the way on the wrong side of Gloucester to me anyone about on the Quedgeley side of town??

Both Luke and I are the Quedgley side of Gloucester...but no closer in distance to you. I am in Berkeley Vale and Luke around Stroud...but as it was Steve who initiated actual firm arrangements while the rest of us dithered, our first meet is on his turf, which i think is fair enough. :) Gloucester is also sort of in the middle for those coming from either side of the river.... But i personally, fully expect following meets to move around and some come to some and some to others.

njc110381

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Gloucester, UK
I'll be there. I have no idea what I'll be wearing so this is me...

DSC020011.jpg

You can be pretty certain I'll not be wearing that suit!

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Hi y'all,

Probably a bit far for me on a weekday evening. :( Just looked it up and it'll take me around an hour each way.

I'll be certain and keep an eye out for meets in the future though. :)

C

Thanks for a pleasant evening Steve and Eleanor, shame you couldn't make it Neil.
We'll have to arrange another meetup, and maybe an overnight in early spring.
For those that were unable to make the last meet, and of course those that came along, I reckon we should arrange another pub meet.....any takers????

Luke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE