Global warming: when????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Bring it on I say. Last night we had a low of -44.9°C:yikes:
Tonight a rather balmy -33C for a low. I like winter and would love a constant -20 or so, but this is nuts. Good dry firewood is man's best friend:campfire:
Oh well, only a few more months, and there is a bright side to everything: no bugs;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm sitting here, in Scotland, 1 am in the morning, at the end of December, just past the shortest day, and I'm wearing a short sleeved blouse and we have no heating on in the house just now, and I am comfortable :)

In previous years I have gone to bed at this time wearing flannel pyjamas, fluffy bedsocks, with two hot water bottles and under three quilts to sleep. :hatscarf:

There's sommat amiss somewhere :dunno:

The weather's dreadful though; torrential rain and hail, but it's not cold, it really isn't.
It's the least christmassy looking Christmas time here that I can recall.
You might not have any bugs, but I got bitten by midgies in the garden at the end of November :(

Hope things warm up a bit for you though :campfire: :D :sun:
Merry Christmas when it comes :present:

atb,
Toddy

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I had the air conditioner on here earlier today. I'll have he heat on in a couple of days. possibly both on the same day.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It is stupidly mild here this Winter, but in the last few years its been much colder than normal.

Of course when I was a boy I remember some years being cold, and others less so :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
This is the mildest December I can remember, bring on the snow I say, roll on January

I heard the other day that the ice caps are showing signs of increasing again, there's definitely a wire loose somewhere

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
All over the place up here, snow on Thursday, aound 3 inches total. By Friday evening it had gone, yesterday we had about an inch an a half so it's all white here at the mo.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I'm heading up to the Cairngorms in January, so hoping for lots of snow.

Fingers crossed then! Beware the last w/end when the sled dog rally's on in Aviemore, quite often that's when we don't have snow:confused:

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
Fingers crossed then! Beware the last w/end when the sled dog rally's on in Aviemore, quite often that's when we don't have snow:confused:

Yup! made that mistake before. Spent a lot of the week in the bar of the Cairngorm hotel, so was'nt completely wasted. (The time wasn't wasted, I was!).

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Wet, windy and warm: my least favourite Christmas weather. I too can remember cold, cold winters when I was a boy (icicles as thick as a man's arm). As for the warmer ones, I've conveniently forgotten them.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Wet, windy and warm: my least favourite Christmas weather. I too can remember cold, cold winters when I was a boy (icicles as thick as a man's arm). As for the warmer ones, I've conveniently forgotten them.

It's the one UK weather that I can't find a satisfactory way of dealing with; Whatever I wear will be defeated by one or other of the "three w's".................and if I'm windproof and dry, I'm boil-in-the-bag, and that is my all time worst nightmare!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Whatever weather we get this time of the year in the U.K be it rain ,sleet, hail, high winds,freezing cold,snow, its all just normal its been like that as long as i can remember(47yrs) there's hardly a day goes by when its the same, its just weather.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE