It's That Time of Year Again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That the Seville oranges are available so one just has to make the years supply of marmalade :)

This year when my uncle said his supplies had run out he mentioned reading an article in the Daily Telegraph where they re-published a recipe for Seville Marmalade that they first published in 1959.

I did convert it slightly to metric and used 1kg of oranges to 2kg sugar.

I also boiled them in 2 ltrs of water for an hour the day before then left them to cool over night, quartered them and scooped the pulp into the liquid and brought that to boil for 10 mins then strained it.

I did add an extra 500ml to the liquid as it seemed a bit low when I added the sugar. Once that started to get heated I added the thinly sliced peel and slowly brought it to a boil.

From rolling boil to set it took 20 minutes. Total time from starting this morning to finish and in the jar was slightly over 2 hours instead of the usual time of 4 or 5 hours in total for doing everything including boiling the fruit first of all. Got to say that this is probably the best batch I've ever done with a nice even spread of shreded peel throughout the mix and a lovely set to it all.

Trying the demerara sugar version next week :)

272903385_10158787202813152_5468521312987342093_n.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE