Glen Affric

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
Hi

Just spent a week doing some work up in Glen Affric, probably one of my favourite places!

GA1.jpg

GA2.jpg

I love these ancient trees. This one is an old oak covered in polypody fern.

GA3.jpg

GA4.jpg

This is Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan, probably one of the remotest munros.

GA5.jpg

Gailainne

Life Member
Never been to that part of the Country, it looks well worth a visit, the tree is amazing, you can almost see a personality there..hes definately winking at me :eek:

I enjoy the coast at Arisaig and Keppoch (especially the sea food) and camp there often, looks to be about 30 miles away...LOL just checked I would need to go back to Fort William its 106 miles rom Arisaig :rolleyes:

Stephen

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Great pics, thanks for posting. I've got to get my rump up north of the border one day :) .

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
wow, what a beautiful tree...Looks lovely there, no wonder its one of your favourite places...Thanks for sharing...

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Superb pictures. This is one of my favourite parts of the country too. I spent 2 weeks there in Autumn last year. Some great places in the woods for bushcraft. :)

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
GlenM said:
Wow!! Great pictures and what a stunning location, is it a national park ?

Hi

It's not a National Park but it is a National Scenic Area and part of it is in the Strathglass Special Area of Conservation. There are also several SSSI's covering the woodlands.

john wings

Forager
Dec 12, 2004
cornwall
brings back happy memories.i had a job as hostel warden at glen affric in the early seventies;the gas had to be mahandled from the road head,on a trolly.the pay was £5 a week,hardly enough to keep body and soul together.the visitor numbers were very low,about two every two days,i seem to remember.great pics,thanks so much for the memories.john wings

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I've nicked the third picture and set it as my background, hope you don't mind ;) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE