Glastonbury

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Falling Rain is doing his demos there again in the green field. Not sure what this time, think he did bowdrill and cordage last year.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Back from Glasters. It was excellent and the Bowdrill demos and workshops went very well. I get a buzz from teaching it because people are genuinly thrilled when they do it. I had women, kids and people of all ages and sizes having a go and had an almost 100% success rate. Some took longer than others but the vast majority got it in the end. Patience when teaching is the key. A few times quite a crowd gathered to watch and clapped and cheered when the person having a go for the first time got it. Quite a buzz. Saw some excellent bands too especially impressed with Keane, The Thrills, and Kaiser chiefs amongst others which my son dragged me along to see but although dubious at first, I really enjoyed watching them and the atmosphere was fantastic. Helped out a few poor souls who were flooded with rigging up some shelter too which made me feel I was helping those folk out albeit in a small way, but they seemed to appreciate it.
I met EdS there too, and he helped out a little bit with the workshops. Cheers for that Ed, much appreciated.
A fantastic week and still buzzing from it today

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good stuff, it sounds like a good mix of doing things you enjoy :D I've thought a few times about taking the family, I always seem to be too busy though!

Have you got any pictures?

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Great time had here. Mind you I don't think DJing in the Lost Vagueness field at 4am Monday was a good idea before driving back on Monday. Managed to see a good selection of band, comedy and other stuff.

I did get in to trouble on Friday morning for been over excited by the mud etc.

Nice to meet up with Falling Rain and co.

Just back to the really world now. I see to having trouble in getting use to walls again.

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Didn't manage to find you guys. Where were you? Wasn't up for the big bands this year and so didn't really head up to the pyramid or other stages but mostly went to the cabaret tent, greenfields, avalon field, lost vagueness etc, the more hidden parts. Have any of you checked out the Banyan Tree Cafe. Its slightly before you cross the railway embankment to the greenfields, just down from the Ble Note Cafe and the infopoint. Its a little open tent with an almost 24hr open-mike. Lots of muddy sofas and chairs to chill out on. Some fantastic music came together just from jams. Definately check it out in 2007.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE