gifts for spouse

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 28, 2010
ontario
I don't find it easy selecting a tasteful gift for my wife. I've done the usual jewellery and perfume thing many times, but I thought
maybe this season I could find something with a bushcraft theme, seeing as how we spend a lot of time doing wilderness trips.
Unlike myself, she does appreciate the finer things in life, quality items, etc. Any good ideas out there? Maybe a gift you have given
that has been well received?
Thanks, Jack.

udamiano

On a new journey
Have something made for her, instead of buying something off the shelf, that way its one of a kind. If you go into the wilderness a lot, how about a knife, have it engraved and the scales carved with something she loves, and then... tell her, that like her its unique..... worked for me!

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I got my wife a nice wooden scaled swiss army knife a few years ago , she liked that and uses it a lot

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Something leather may go down a treat? A small possibles pouch/purse. Or perhaps some knot/bead work on a leather cord. I made a bracelet using Tibetan silver beads and leather cord.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
make her a leather clad wilderness diary with a few pages for each trip and have her name pyroed on to the front of it and everytime you both go out fill it with tips, tricks instructions and photos and what plants are edable at that time of year. and how she i.ds them and what recepies the can be used in.
then next year get her another one and do the same every year and eventually you will have your own guide books that you and your wife will have personally created

drew

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
If you do make her something, then I hope she doesn't do what my wife did when I made her a spoon for her Christmas present.

Opening present...

"Oh, a spoon. Is there something special about it?"

"Yes."

"Did someone make it?"

"Yes."

"Was it one of your friends?"

"No."

"Oh - did you make it?"

"Yes."

The children knew all about where it had come from and were killing themselves laughing in the background.

Geoff

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Thanks to everyone for some great ideas...(not so sure about camo housewares:rolleyes:)...the leather ideas have got me thinking.
Unlike Toadflax, I couldn't carve any type of a respectable spoon, but thanks for the idea...she's more of a titanium spork sort of gal anyway.
A knife is another good one; hers is a cheap Mora and it's getting pretty shabby. I'll need a spare few hours though, to dive into the
Edged Tools archives...
As for fire lighting devices, she swears by her wind-proof waterproof lighter, no interest in frictiony sparky things; when she's getting a
campfire going she wants instant gratification...:D

Jack

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Errm, gratuitous plug I know but to pick up on Udamiano's suggestion I have some Pink Ivory wood (V tight grained, pink and hard as hells teeth) and Brazillian
Tulipwood (cream/cerise with red to orange stripy grain, hard and oily) scales waiting for a project!!?:)

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Errm, gratuitous plug I know but to pick up on Udamiano's suggestion I have some Pink Ivory wood (V tight grained, pink and hard as hells teeth) and Brazillian
Tulipwood (cream/cerise with red to orange stripy grain, hard and oily) scales waiting for a project!!?:)

Dude, I had a look at your website...can't tell you how impressed I am with your work! I'll pm you if I decide to go for it...thanks for the great idea.

Regards,
Jack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE