Giants Seat Meet 31st May -2nd June

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
A friend of mine is interested so for now I'm plus 1.

1. DaveBromley
2. The Ratcatcher, Crystel + 2
3. Merrygold85 + 1
4. Cliv
5. Gray
6. Little Chief

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
I shall be there in my glory :p Gonna go for a minimal pack size this time (possibly Daniel Boone stylee), have a go at forging (that Tomahawk from a hammer idea sounds grand!) and hopefully give the bowdrill a damn good go! I'll try and wing it so my bro can come too, although I'll see about locating him a camping chair. That monster of a seat last time was mighty, but a tad obtrusive :p

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
LOL

Yeah it was a tad large lol, Lindsey didnt seem to mind when she used it as a bed lol.

I am really struggling for transport to this meet, might not be able to make it but will keep trying!

Dave

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I've recently acquired a brand new vango tarp, huge thing 5m x 4m. Still brand new in its bag with poles etc. if anyone wants to have a play with trying various set ups etc I'll be interested to see what can be made from it.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
gutted I cant make this one guys :( and its now more than ever we could all do with huddling round the campfire x

kendalphil

Jan 16, 2011
kendal cumbria
Hi all,

See you all this Friday.
Regarding forging the equipment I can bring along 2 x pin ball hammers and 3 x safety glasses, 1 x small tram track, blacksmith's tongs, I can also bring along a small home made forge but require a mobile blower system, 3 x pairs safety gloves.
I have also got a number of old files that I can bring along, plus small section of car leaf spring, wire brushes.
Hope this helps.
Glad to meet up with merrygold once again.
Glad to meet up with gray again.
Many thanks to David Bromley and Mad Dave for all the help and instructions given.
Regards
Kendalphil

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Hi all,

See you all this Friday.
Regarding forging the equipment I can bring along 2 x pin ball hammers and 3 x safety glasses, 1 x small tram track, blacksmith's tongs, I can also bring along a small home made forge but require a mobile blower system, 3 x pairs safety gloves.
I have also got a number of old files that I can bring along, plus small section of car leaf spring, wire brushes.
Hope this helps.
Glad to meet up with merrygold once again.
Glad to meet up with gray again.
Many thanks to David Bromley and Mad Dave for all the help and instructions given.
Regards
Kendalphil
That will be most usefull as i have no mobile forge. I have some foot bellows that will do the job, i am sure that with your tools and knowedge we will have a very productive camp :) ...

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey there folks,

Planning to come down on the Friday eve. Does anyone know the bus that goes from Whitefield? I'm not having a good time here looking for it. I must have angered the Gods.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Hey there folks,

Planning to come down on the Friday eve. Does anyone know the bus that goes from Whitefield? I'm not having a good time here looking for it. I must have angered the Gods.

Stay on the tram to Radcliffe, then get a 512 (Bolton) bus from Church street, Radcliife to Wood st, Ringley. Then its about half a mile walk.

These sites are very useful...

http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/cms/content/welcome.xhtml

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

No busses on Sunday so you'll have to walk or bum a lift to either Bolton Road,Kearsley (left at gate, 2 mi.) or Whitefield (right at gate, 3mi.) and get a bus or tram into Mcr.

Last edited:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
On my way to Skegness guys , but near the main fire I put some obsidian at the base of a tree. If anybody wants to flint knapp your welcome to try it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE