Giants Seat Meet 27th-29th of April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Guys

Just spoke to the folks over at Giants Seat Scout Camp, they have these dates available.

Same setup as last time £5 per night per person, we are entitles to any deadwood for our fires but they must be raised as there is a lot of leaf mould.

The camps post code is M26 1EW have a look on google maps. There is plenty of room for hammockers as well as tents and ground dwellers.

Please ad you name to the list by copying and pasting

Thanks

Dave

DaveBromley
Noodoo

**************EDIT RULES*********************

Righto chaps and chappettes i'm just gonna go through a few ground rules

*you can rock up on friday any time after 9am and must leave the site for 2pm on Sunday

*Please pay Subs when you arrive, its £5 per night per person. (i'm there for a good time too so dont want to have to chase people please)

*NO GROUND FIRES - there is extensive leaf mould so all fores must be raised

*We can take as much deadwood as we like BUT IT MUST BE DEAD if in doubt leave it alone

*The Flag circle is out of bound (no exceptions)

*Sharps and alcohol dont mix so no drunken sillyness (by all means have a drink just dont overdo it)

*Sharps to be sheathed unless in use

*any guests or Minors are the responsibility of the relevant Member

*There is ample room if you want to be away from the group.

*All litter must be removed from site, there is NO site bin so if you brought it with take it out please

*Toilet blocks are to be left clean!

* oh and last but most important ...........................HAVE FUN!!

I know a lot of these wont apply to anyone on here but better to be safe than sorry

Thanks guys and i look forward to seeing you there

Dave

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Yup

DaveBromley
Noodoo
Jim_Aramis (+ Missus and Little 'un)
Bilmo, Chiseller+Sue , possibly chiseller III

ARE dogs allowed ?

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I will ask but if they are they will need to stay on a lead at all times as there are scouts about. i'll get back to you re the dog later once my email has been replied to

Dave

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I will ask but if they are they will need to stay on a lead at all times as there are scouts about. i'll get back to you re the dog later once my email has been replied to

Dave

Cheers Dave, I take it that's on the lead, while in the camping area? As there are prow running through and around the area.
Not sure I fancy it as much if the scouts will be milling around ?

We will stay on the list provisionally. Cheers

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Direct Quote from organiser at Giants Seat,

"Technically, we don't allow dogs but as you are the only campers that weekend so long as you control your dog I will give approval (so long as they behave!) There is public right of way in straight line near container and so we do get dogs with owners passing. Just make sure you clean up after your dog I am sure you will. I won't charge camp fees for your dog either!!!! "

So its up to you if you bring him/her, as long as these guidelines are followed.

Again to remind folk we are pretty new to the site and impressed last time but we need to make sure we maintain a good relationship with the camp to secure future outings.

That being said i am thinking of organising a few work parties this camp to do things like litter picking etc if anyone would be interested?

Dave

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Tiptop , my dog request is only incase my eldest is not available to take care of him at home.

We would be up for a litter pick , as there were quite abut of litter in some areas around the fire tubs. Cheers Dave:thumbup:

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
DaveBromley
Noodoo
Bilmo, Chiseller+Sue , possibly chiseller III
Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
beamdune

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Only a week to go, any more takers?

I can confirm that Fox (Riam) is going too.

DaveBromley
Noodoo
Bilmo
Chiseller+Sue , possibly chiseller III

Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
beamdune
Firecrest (tbc)
Fox

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Might be a small meet, but a good crowd o people! :) Can i get a lift off anyone? Im doing a crash driving course but its not so crash Ill be driving by next week

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
spoke to Alan AKA TheRatcatcher today he said that he will be coming complete with Mrs and kids, I dont know if Gurnoid is going although he did express an interest when i last spoke to him

Even if the list stays as is i count about 15-20 peeps so should be a laugh

we will also be discussing a few things that we want to do at the next meet with people (skills workshops etc)

Looking forwards to seeing you all on friday

Dave

gurnoid

Jan 3, 2011
bradford
DaveBromley
Noodoo
Bilmo
Chiseller+Sue , possibly chiseller III

Spikey DaPikey (tbc)
beamdune
Firecrest (tbc)
Fox
gurnoid
what time r u getting there and ive looked on google earth but im not sure exactly where this place is

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE