Getting my son involved

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Fish

Forager
Dec 5, 2009
Stoney Stanton, Leics
My son has started to take a real interest in all things bushcraft, combine that with an obsession with stampy cat videos on YouTube he decided to make his own video. He started with 'making a fire with a spark' and uploaded the resultant vid here.

https://youtu.be/Sa4_UQWoy1k

hes looking to make more about charring cloth/punk wood etc so hopefully this is the start of a great hobby! :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Love the look on his face at 4:13... proper enjoying himself! :)

My lads a little older, but he's really getting into it... has a bag of basics including a hammock, a tarp, a stove, mess tin etc. that he's aching to get out and about with.... caught him last week making a fire in the garden with a firesteel so he could make himself a brew :)

Even my two youngest are wanting a go, but they're a little on the young side at the minute.

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
Its great when your children get involved and its even better when they succeed for the first time

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE