Getting knackered screws out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hi Tengu
I would either drill them out, or go with the impact drive.
Have always found the impact driver the best tool for getting stuck screws out.
As for the screw extracter, way to much hassel.
Only my peenies worth.
Bob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Tengu
I would either drill them out, or go with the impact drive.
Have always found the impact driver the best tool for getting stuck screws out.
As for the screw extracter, way to much hassel.
Only my peenies worth.
Bob

So sayeth the destroyer of caravans by Sledgehammer :lmao:. It was fun (and were asked to - not rampaging Top Gear fans).

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Are impact drivers allowed there? I've used them (and like them) but generally over here OSHA (the equivalent of your Health & Safety) outlaw them. or more properly, the individual companies do because it's all but impossible to get screw bits rated to be impact resistant enough to satisfy OSHA.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Are impact drivers allowed there? I've used them (and like them) but generally over here OSHA (the equivalent of your Health & Safety) outlaw them. or more properly, the individual companies do because it's all but impossible to get screw bits rated to be impact resistant enough to satisfy OSHA.

I have a cordless electric impact screwdriver that's used pretty much every day on site, not seen any that run off an airline as yet but that's mostly cos I don't often work in places with airlines.
With the electric one it breaks bits sometimes but normal cordless drill drivers do that so its no big deal.
Then there's the far cheaper ones you just bat on the back with a hammer, got a few of those.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE