Gerber Knives- any of them worth the money??

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Having been looking for a new part serrated locking folder I had a look at the Gerber range. Thing is people either seem to love their Gerber knives (and multi-tools) or hate them! I think I have read more negative than good on their knives- falling apart, steel of a poor quality etc etc.

So what's your opinion on them? is it a case of only their expensive products being any good?

thanks
troutman

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The older gerber multi-tools were brilliant (10years ago) more recently the quality has dropped some. I have examples of both era.
The knives such as the gator are great tools for the money. None of their tools are expensive these days but work horses and still good for the cash.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
i have a couple of 'Gators' i find them very robust, and being stainless they are good in the 'DAMP' ;) and the rubberised handle makes for a good non slip grip, they hold thier edge well. so all round a good tool in my opinion.

Adam

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The only Gerber I've ever owne is an old (36 years to be exact) Mark I. It's solidly built, easily conceable and a great back-up weapon. But as far as their other more conventional knives; I've never owned one but the reviews are less than impressive.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I've got the bg ultimate survival fine edge it's awesome I've beaten the hell out of mine it's as tough as hell.£53 to your door hell ive even hammered nails in with the pommel I love it and wouldn't hesitate to buy another .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE