Genius? Or food crime?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm sure we have all tried chilli jam....absolutely spot on with game and cold meats

Chilli jam by British Red, on Flickr

I was today messing with the second flush of the Lemon Aji chillis and groping for inspiration

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you.....(drum roll please)

Lemon & Chilli Marmalade

Bottling Marmalade by British Red, on Flickr

Sharp, subtly tangy with a building heat. I'm thinking should complement duck or goose really well?

Is it the next big thing.....or have I been sniffing spray starch :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
My first port of call for a test would be a butty. Specifically thick cut white with ham off the bone.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sounds like genius to me. Thinking a big studded clove and annis ham, thickly sliced and a dollop of your concoction. Yumm.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh hell yes. Start them earlier in the propagators and stake them sooner - but thats all learning. I have seed saved a decent quantity

- might even have enough to sell a few packets - so will go for them in numbers next year.

I'd like to find something as interesting but hotter (maybe 75,000). Thoughts?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Oh hell yes. Start them earlier in the propagators and stake them sooner - but thats all learning. I have seed saved a decent quantity

- might even have enough to sell a few packets - so will go for them in numbers next year.

I'd like to find something as interesting but hotter (maybe 75,000). Thoughts?

Glad you like them :) You could always try overwintering the ones you've got for next year ?

As for what to try you could always give Katie and Lucy a go but it might be a tad too hot for your palate :rolleyes::lmao:

In seriousness you ever thought of trying to make your own paprika? If you do then I've heard that Georgia Flame is a good choice for experimenting with.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE