Gelert mini hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Anyone used one of these? I saw them on sale for £5 yesterday and was curious. Took a look, and it's an olive green net, looks like nylon or similar. Comes in a little compression sack. I know Gelert's usual 'quality' and was a little suspicious concerning its low price, but if noone has experience of them, I am willing to buy one and review it on here.

leon-1

Hey Matt, the Gelert mini hammocks will take your weight, but they are not overly comfortable. Most people on here that use them, use them for hanging gear in to keep it off the ground (normally slung under your normal hammock). I hope that's of use to you.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Most people on here that use them, use them for hanging gear in to keep it off the ground (normally slung under your normal hammock).

Just what I was going to say.
Sometimes used as a trailside seat when slung up quickly, but not as comfortable as a normal hammock as I find it cuts into the back of my legs.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Useful as a gear loft and not much else.
I string mine above my hammock (just under the tarp roof) and use it to store clothing etc.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Matt,

I completely agree with the prior posts - gear loft and not much else (I've never had suitable branches to try out the trail seat idea).
I'm a fairly BIG guy and it'll support my weight with no issues other than it feeling that it should be sat/slept on by masochists! To me it's a meat grinder that, because it's netting, will grab and hold anything small enough to pass through the holes - I learned the the hard way that when you pin yourself down that it's too funny for others to come to your aid :eek:. Because it isn't exactly a wide, enveloping, hammock if I did manage to fall asleep on it I'd be eating dirt if I tried to turn over.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE