G'day from Tasmania

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TasMonk

Mar 25, 2011
Tasmania, Australia
I'm an American expat now happily calling Australia home. I live on the beautiful island state of Tasmania, in a cabin half way up a mountain right on the edge of World Heritage Area forested wilderness. It's quite a life!

I've been passionate about bushcraft since I was a child and am very interested in self-sufficiency, sustainable living, and the hand-crafted lifestyle. I'm also interested in primitive lifeways, experimental archaeology, and historical arts & handicrafts. For me, living in harmony with my environment and being in touch with Nature's power and rhythms is something sublimely spiritual.

I'm also a bit of an old grumpy anti-consumerist anti-materialist curmudgeon. ;)

I'm looking forward to getting to know folks here and sharing in a bushcraft community that seems significantly less filled with the paranoid survivalism, religious proselytising, and handgun fetishism that seems to characterize many other sites. So far this looks like a great place and I'm proud to be a part of it! Thanks for having me! :)

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Welcome my friend, yes you are right this will be the place for you, if your not into the more extreme elements in life, some really good helpful people on her, the only thing you will have to get used to is the dry british sense of humour. Its a great resource for information, just ask a question and someone will be usually be able to help in some way.....

Colin

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My sister in law comes from Tasmania :) she says it's beautiful .....then she married a Scot's Doctor and moved to Brisbane :rolleyes: :D

Welcome to the forum :) your introduction will strike a chord with a lot of folks here.

cheers,
Toddy

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
My eldest daughter is there working, at the moment, in Burnie and my brother is in Hobart. He went there for the dam protests and never came back!
Welcome!
Swyn.

TasMonk

Mar 25, 2011
Tasmania, Australia
Thank you all for the very warm welcome!

And yes, I am very blessed to be able to live here. Tasmania has truly breathtaking forests, a brilliant climate, some of the cleanest air and rainwater in the world, a scope of lush ecoregions (especially temperate rainforest), and an amazing diversity of plant and animal life (including many unique species). It's a outdoorsman's paradise and if you ever have the chance to visit, I'd heartily encourage you to take it. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE