G'day from Australia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
G'day everyone.

My first post over here :D

Whilst I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to the bush.

I enjoy putting into practice Bushcraft skills during hunting, fishing, and bushwalking/bush camping trips into wilderness areas over here.

I also have an interest in edible & medicinal native Australian plants.

Looking forward to doing lots of reading to catch up on the knowledge & experiences that have already been shared goodjob

Kind regards
Mick

avalon

May 31, 2007
South Australia
Good to see there are a few people from The Land Down Under on here. The skills and knowledge needed to survive in parts of Australia can sometimes be very different to those needed in Europe and being fairly new to this land myself, I am keen to learn as much as I can.

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
G'day Avalon

Welcome to OZ :)

Good to see there are a few people from The Land Down Under on here. The skills and knowledge needed to survive in parts of Australia can sometimes be very different to those needed in Europe and being fairly new to this land myself, I am keen to learn as much as I can.
I would imagine that Oz is different to most of the Nth hemisphere.

Lack of water, cyclic bushfires, snakes with neurotoxic venemon, stingers in the water, tress that self prune (i.e. regularily drop limbs), hot summers etc, etc, etc.

On the plus side, we don't have the winters seen in various parts of the Nth hemisphere, we have the odd beach & there's plenty of room once you venture out of the cities :)

Kind regards
Mick

Last edited:

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
G'day Whittler Kev.

G'Day. My niece has emigrated to Banorra Point (about a year ago). Telling us about the 120º + summer your having out there.
It has been a hot summer (although we're almost at the end of it).

About a month ago I spent the day fly fishing for carp at a local water supply dam. Max temp was 42 C :)

Personally I'm looking forward to winter (cooler temps, less flies & snakes :) )

Kind regards
Mick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE