GB: Pre-Mac Trekker Set - waterpurification filter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Just collected mine from the post office, what a great compact bit of kit! Many thanks for arranging this group buy :You_Rock_

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
The List: :deal:

1. Karl5 - Received

2. Aliwren - Received

3. andy_e - Received

4. Bikething - Received

5. Ahjno - Received

6. Crofter - Received

7. Bushscout1 - Received

8. Gailainne - Received

9. Rhino - Received

10. eskimotwenty - Received

11. Silverback - Received

:beerchug:

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Got mine - a lot more compact than I expected which is a good thing as it can stay in my bag now along with the first aid kit as an essential bit of kit :D - Thanks for organising :)

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Got mine today.
The set-up is smaller and lighter than I'd pictured it.
Makes it even better!!

Thanks again, Johan, for going through the trouble of organising this. :You_Rock_

/ Karl

eskimotwenty

Jun 1, 2007
Manchester
sorry for the slow reply work getting in the way, received mine the other day, like some of the others more compact than i'd expected certainly not a bad thing

thanks again for your hard work on organising the gb

tony

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
Mine arrived last week while I was away on Holiday. Many thanks for organising this.
Ade

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
once again thanks foe organising this. For info only I just checked with Premac and the shelf life of the filters is 5years unused, but they implied that that could probably safely be doubled.
Ade

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Anyone know if these are a once opened (ie used for afew litres) use within x months or years, or can I just drain it out and leave it a while?

Many thanks :)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Got a reply from my contact:

Pre-Mac said:
1. You are correct in that we guarantee a shelf life of 5 years but from experience they will exceed this by some margin. I recently tested some which the MoD had kept on a shelf and basically lost them. They were 9.5 years old and we tested a sample batch to over their full nominal 250 litre capacity as we were concerned because they were going to send them out to Afghanistan. They performed perfectly so we were were able to give them a clean bill of health. I get this question quite frequently and I start to get nervous at 10 years and recommend replacement as a matter of course.

2. Once you have used a unit/set of filters then all you should do is pump it out and preferably let it dry out before storage and it will then be good to go next time you want it even if it is months or even years later. The only caveat to that is that I usually suggest discarding the first half litre of water as we would advise when the unit is new and first used.

3. The other question we often get is, "my unit rattles when shaken is it OK?" - Yes it is, this is normal as there is a non-return valve which contains a small stainless steel ball. Without this the unit would simply not suck and pump.

4. The other one which often gets asked is "when do I know when to change the cartridges" - The cartridges are designed to start to block and the unit become hard to pump long before the biocide is exhausted. They have been tested to beyond double their nominal capacity and still performed effectively. Life expectancy is governed by the clearness of the source water and we always say to use the clearest source water available and try to avoid the proverbial 'muddy puddle' if possible.

If anyone wants to have the contact details to contact my contact at Pre-Mac, let me know and I'll pass them on.

HTH

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Thanks for finding that out i am even more impressed with them now and thanks again for running this group buy!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE