GB: Pre-Mac Trekker Set - waterpurification filter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Please see the original thread aswell: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26905

As promised :D

I'm in contact with the people at Pre-Mac to organise a Groupbuy on their waterfilter/purifiers. This thread is to find out if there's enough interest to put one together.

This groupbuy will be about the military product range.To be more precise:

Military MWP Set

MWPset-1.jpg

"Trekker Set" Price: £98.00; which includes:
- MWP (£69,-)
- spare set cartridges (£38,-)
- carry pouch (£10,- on the internet)
Makes a total of £117,- if you buy each item seperately, with this one you save £19,- (discount not yet included!)

Price:
- including VAT
- excluding discount
- excluding P&P

Conditions: .
- We need a minimal amount of 10 units for the MWP to get a 15% discount*.
- This GB is on the Trekker Set only (for now)! This to prevent a logistic nightmare. If you're interested: leave a message here, so I can make an inventory ...:rolleyes:

* They normally don't do these sort of groupbuys on numbers below 50 units, but because BCUK "is such a worthwhile organisation" they did this proposal. So a big thank you Pre-Mac, for this one! :You_Rock_

My thoughts:

1. I haven't checked the Net if there any better deals around, which I doubt there are. If you can find one, let me (us) know ;)

2. Again: prices are on condition of a minimal amount. If we go over these 10 units, I might be able to negotiate a better price.

3. Postage: will have contact with Pre-Mac asap to find out what the score is. They already gave me a £3,- (per item) number, but as said, I will look into this one.

4. Let me know what your thoughts are. Please don't forget to state exactly what you want and the amount (in writing: i.e.1, 2, 3, etc. - a couple is a bit vague ;) ). Further conditions on this groupbuy will follow if and when this goes through.

5. Payment: for now probably Paypal only and upfront, I'll let you know when it's time and if payment will be to me or Pre-Mac (my preference). Other methods of payment may be available in future.
I will contact Pre-Mac to check the score for this one, and post again with more detailed information.

6. Regarding recent developments on the forum regarding non-paying members, etc. My decission on you joining this GB is final. Take it or leave it ;)

Many thanks, and may the posting begin :eek: :theyareon

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Glad to see this back - yes please I will order one trekker set, thanks for arranging.

Used one of these on a woodlore course they are really simple and safe to use and quite compact.They fit on the top of a standard pattern 58 water bottle.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Righty:

My contact says SoF has never, as far as he can re-collect, bought any Trekker sets. He says that if you call them they will
apologise [and say] that it is the wrong picture and it is the straight Trekker that is £69.99 and [they]don't have the Trekker Set anyway

So I think this ones sorted.

I also got a picture of the militairy set, you can see it in post #1 of this thread. This set gives him more latitude to cut us a good deal. This military set includes all the contents as stated above
- heavy military cordura type pouch (instead of the blue one)
- water test kit (which can be used to ensure that the MWP is still working effectively)

Hope this cleared things up a bit, and remember: we need at least 10 people to get this deal ...

Any questions: I'm only 1 post away ;)

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
One for me please with the discount?
Ade

Karl5 x1
Aliwren x1
andy_e x1
Bikething x1
Ahjno x1
Crofter x1

I'm definitely interested,

Karl5 x1
Aliwren x1
andy_e x1
Bikething x1
Ahjno x1
Crofter x1
Bushscout1 x1

Cheers for organising, being half way through doing a group buy at present, I'm now well aware of the effort you've already put in.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Brilliant!! We've reached the minimal amount of 10 MWP sets! That means the 15% is in. :D I've already send an e-mail to my contact to check what his next offer is (I also made him an offer) and what the new amount will be. Also asked for payment & postage details. Think he'll be back with me later today.

Rhino

Apr 1, 2007
Gravesend, Kent
Great stuff, I'm sure if he could get the price down even more we could get some extra bod's interested! (i'm going to ask a couple of my frineds who might also be intrested!)

Well done again!;)

Rhino.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE