Garmin Dakota 10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Hi all, I've upgraded to a sat map so have this Garmin looking for a new home, it's still Boxed, it's all but as new and includes a nice case. Has standard base map and I've put on a 1.25k Dartmoor map on. Lice small and very light gps unit, perfect for geocaching and I used it as a back up to the good old paper jobs.
I'm looking for a nice 45lt walking rucsac with internal frame and sculpted straps (not the thick old school straps after a more modern thin ones)
PM me an email as I have a pile of pictures but rough spec below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Dakota-10-Handheld-GPS/dp/B002G1YPIE

Product Description

Style Name: Standard

Product Description

Outdoor navigation meets touchscreen simplicity

User-friendly, versatile and full of features, the Dakota 10 is part of the Garmin touchscreen GPS range.

Use a Dakota to navigate your way on or off the beaten track: just choose a function on the screen, touch it and go. You can plot your trail, or save waypoints and favourite places via simple intuitive menus and big, bright, full-colour displays. It’s ideal for everyone and all types of outdoor adventures.

This rugged, palm-sized navigator not only boasts touchscreen navigation, it also has high-sensitivity GPS with HotFix satellite prediction, and a worldwide basemap in one affordable, power-packed punch.

Touch and Go

Dakota 10 makes outdoor navigation effortless with a tough, sunlight-readable, 2.6 inch colour touchscreen display. The interface is easy to use, so you’ll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information.

Both durable and waterproof, Dakota 10 is built to withstand the elements: bumps, dust, dirt and water are no match for this rugged navigator. And with its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix satellite prediction, Dakota 10 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy tree cover and deep canyons.

Use your GPS handheld to plan your route in advance of your expedition, and let it guide you on the trail. When you want to return to base, a special TracBack function will direct you all the way back.

Dakota: Navigate With Ease

Versatile

Because Dakota is such a compact little navigator, fitting into the palm of your hand, it is extremely portable. It weighs just 149 grams and can be attached to a bicycle, so it’s ideal for taking out with you anywhere. Just two AA batteries power it for up to 20 hours.

Dakota: Get OS Maps On The Dakota

Find Fun

Get into paperless geocaching with Dakota 10 by quickly downloading up to 2,000 caches, with information such as location, terrain, difficulty, hints and description — no more paper print outs and manually entered coordinates.

Explore the Terrain

Dakota 10 comes with built-in worldwide basemap, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's wide array of detailed topographic, marine charts and road maps, which can be loaded to internal memory.

Garmin GB Discoverer mapping offers Ordnance Survey maps on your Dakota. OS topography provides the level of detail you need to search, select and navigate to your next waypoint or address – whether by foot, bike or car.

Share your Adventure

Now you can share your activities with friends, family and fellow explorers for free via Garmin Adventures. It’s a great way to show people where you’ve been and highlight your favourite places. You can add photos YouTube videos, geocaches and notes then share your adventure via email and social media. Simply upload your activity to our free BaseCamp programme to get started.

Box Contains

•Dakota 10 handheld GPS system
•Lanyard
•USB cable
•Owner's manual on disk
•Quick Start manual

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
Hi mate. I have a mammut rucksack available. Black and about that size.
Its a convertible backpack /travelling bag so the straps can be stashed away. Let me know if you are interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE