Garlic Bread ( ?!! )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Proper Garlic bread as well rather than the slices of bread they smear garlic butter over and call it garlic bread goodjob

Very much so. However Mesquite …..Lets not go knocking Butter... that's one of the things I live for!!!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Man alive that looks tasty

Looks almost like a cake inside

Nice internal structure and texture - not that I'm a baker by any means. Drying then blitzing the ramsoms leaves is a nice way to stockpile enough garlic type flavour for the year. Obviously I mean respectfully and foraging in an ethical manner.

Reactions: Toddy

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Proper Garlic bread as well rather than the slices of bread they smear garlic butter over and call it garlic bread goodjob
Ironically neither was the way we were served it in Italy. There they brought tipped olive oil onto a saucer and infused it with garlic and herbs to dip plain bread into. That said, this looks quite nice.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks great TeeDee :)

I admit that I like my garlic bread they way the Italians serve it, but we usually put the olive oil into a wee bowl with some balsamic vinegar too for dipping.

Hadn't thought of drying the ransoms for later. I'm inclined to think of them as a seasonal treat. I did pickle the flower buds a few times though....have to be used quick-ish, or they just go to mush, I find.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Nice internal structure and texture - not that I'm a baker by any means. Drying then blitzing the ramsoms leaves is a nice way to stockpile enough garlic type flavour for the year. Obviously I mean respectfully and foraging in an ethical manner.

That wasn't a critism by any means mate. Looks amazing.
I don't eat bread anymore and garlic bread was a favourite so I'm sitting here salivating

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE