Garden archery again. Balloons, balls & candles this time

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
what ya using for a back stop ?? straw bale or rubber matting ? have you ever shot a robin hood ? iv,e only ever done that ounce !!:D:D

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
Nice shooting Johngoodjob

Just picked up a take down hunter recurve and can't hit a thing with it (always shot compound before but I've come over to the dark side:eek:)
Have me eye on an AFB too....addictive this archery init!!

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Great stuff! Great shooting too!

Must admit I was cringing at the rubber ball bit. You're screaming out for a weird flier(I was hoping for an about-turn and sailing through yon wee window in the background). :)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
that is some nice shooting! i shoot a bow too but not sure if i am that good yet. How do you personally aim the arrow? Is it all by 'feel' or do you line the end of the arrow up with the target?

I'm still don't think I am that good. If I was I would have hit the ball sooner. And the first candle would have been a bit longer when I hit it ;)

I just aim instinctively. I anchor at the same point (or try to) and only look at what I want to hit with both eyes open. I do not look at the bow at all, nor line anything up.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Got a bit more garden archery done today and made another video. thought it was about time I stopped starting anew thread for each video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pVLXoKZcX0

For the first couple of shots I had cut the top off a plastic bottle and put a small balloon in it. I needed the balloon for something to focus on and also to be sure if I the arrow went through the ring of the bottle top.

After that we just played with balloons etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE