Gap tree felled!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Northumberland police have just announced the name of the guy who cut down the Sycamore gap tree!!
Tim Burr

Hold on!, innocent untill proven guilty remember. Let's not condem someone untill the facts are proven.
Is this the ex forestry worker that police found a chainsaw in his shed?....what a surprise! As an ex forestry worker, I too still (stihl) have a chainsaw. Perhaps, on that presumption, it was me.!
I understand people's anger, which I join in with, but , we need facts before any particular person is condemned. That young lad was being verbal kicked to bits as the culprit, a day or two ago.

Reactions: Tengu

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Sycamore isn’t the best wood for carving or sculpture but I wonder how they will use the tree once it is out of the evidence room?

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sycamore isn’t the best wood for carving or sculpture but I wonder how they will use the tree once it is out of the evidence room?
It's one of the best woods for carving and has traditionally been used for making treen, chopping boards etc as it doesn't stain or discolour and has antibacterial properties.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hold on!, innocent untill proven guilty remember. Let's not condem someone untill the facts are proven.
Is this the ex forestry worker that police found a chainsaw in his shed?....what a surprise! As an ex forestry worker, I too still (stihl) have a chainsaw. Perhaps, on that presumption, it was me.!
I understand people's anger, which I join in with, but , we need facts before any particular person is condemned. That young lad was being verbal kicked to bits as the culprit, a day or two ago.

They're both on bail.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
It was indeed a bad pun and not intended as any public shaming of anyone real or imaginary.

Reactions: nigelp

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
No idea.
Angry, reactionary, old, white men* have been acting spiteful and cruel for ages, on both sides of the Atlantic.
No idea why anyone would be surprised it was committed by this demographic.
We seem to be quick to throw our hands in the air at the actions of young people, but it seems to me the old clearly have a lot to answer for as well.

*Of course, not all old white men are angry or reactionary. Just the angry and reactionary ones.
Over time passionate , reactionary white men have also acted against more negative and evil ideals and acts on both sides of the Atlantic and paid for following their conscience with their lives.

Respectfully.

Dangerous thing labelling and catergorization or pigeon-holing.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE