Gallon coffee percolator

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got one of these this week
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200683378094?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Holds about a gallon, has a large coffee basket (or use loose tea). Its not super heavy aluminium but is well enough made and I suppose you could use it to make a stew in. The seller, John, will post to the UK, airmail is $15 so the pot to your door is about £22 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than I've found for that pot in the UK. Posted on Tuesday arrived eight days later.

No connection to the seller other than a happy customer, well worth the money.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Looks a nice product for a group camp.
Are you going to show us a small vid of in working Richard.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I picked up a gallon s/steel jug with lid at a charity shop, a couple of years ago. i've got no use for it but "had to have it", suppose i coiuld use it as a giant tea pot.

Rob

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I picked up a gallon s/steel jug with lid at a charity shop, a couple of years ago. i've got no use for it but "had to have it", suppose i coiuld use it as a giant tea pot.

Rob

You could, or cook in it. I've got a few percolators now, saw this one going for the right money and thought it would be great in camp. Its main use will be as a water heater on the wood stove or hung over a fire I suspect, 'brew' on demand so to speak. You'd pay more for a standard kettle of the same capacity.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thats right Rich, they do seem to be expensive, zebra used to make them & they used to be few for sale on ebay but not seen any for a while.

I also picked up some sort of catering pot in the same size, again no use for it, but you know how it is..

Rob

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Some good deals on catering pots, my daughter has just got a nice two bedroomed flat so got three stainless steel pots and a 3 litre kettle for about £20 for her. We use SS stock pots camping instead of Dutch ovens and we also bake in them when camping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE