G1000 and hem tape

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi guys,
just got a new pair of Fjallraven trousers and need to take them up. (normally get my long suffering mum to take them up properly, but she is away for the next month).
Anybody used the iron on hemming tape on them. i only ask as i know they are pre waxed so not sure if it will hold.
Cheers
Baggins

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
To be honest if you can't master at least the very basics with a needle and thread I seriously hope you are not risking playing with a knife. :stretcher:

D.B.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Hey mate,
thanks for that useful reply! yes, i do play with knives and axes and chainsaws etc every day. My sewing skills are basic (good enough for running repairs) but not for making a neat job on a pair of expensive trousers. your Point???

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Its not something Ive ever done myself either Baggins, but I reckon it should be simple enough, with a quick glance at youtube?

However, theres always the local dressmaker, who should do it for under a fiver. :)

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Its easy enough to use but i don't know if it stands up to much abuse. Take them to the local tailors, shouldn't cost more than a few quid.

Tonyuk

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I've used the iron-on tape on loads of pairs of Fjallravens and it works absolutely fine. I think it is called Wonder Web or something like that. Just turn them up to the required length, pin them in place with a couple of pins, put the tape in and place a wet tea towel (or similar) over the turn up and press down with a hot iron. Leave to dry and job's a good'un!

It also has the advantage that you can reverse the process if you decide you haven't got the length exactly right.

I do find that it does sometimes start to come a bit loose after a few months but a quick re-application of the iron & wet cloth is all it takes.

Tim B

Oct 26, 2013
North Cornwall
Hi baggins, out of interest which trousers did you get and why? Been thinking about getting some Fjallraven ones but there is such a bewildering array out there. Still loving the Sarek jacket.
Regards
Tim B

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
i have 3 pairs of Barrents now, one pair of Vidda Hydratics, one pair of greenlands and a pair of Ruahs. love the Barrents and the Viddas, so practical with all the pockets. the greenlands are great but am starting to get a little broader round the hip, so may have to move them on. Glad you like the Sarek, wore mine up the Cader this weekend in the pouring rain and was very comfy.

mholland

Jan 3, 2013
cheltenham
I've just got my first pair of Fjallraven, and taken them out for their first spin today, thoroughly impressed! Went for the Barents Pro Jeans, also bought a pair of Karl Pro but decided on the simplicity and toughness of the Barents (that said i've not sent them back, must resist the urge to keep both!).
I even took them on an impromptu pot holing trip mid walk today and they shrugged off the rock scrapes. Tempted to pop some thin knee pads in as well.

smogz

Mar 3, 2013
Sweden
I have two pairs. One in a model called Singi, with double fabric in the knees, drawstring behind the knees, ventilation on the thighs and pocket for knee pads. My go to pants for the outdoors together with my Klättermusen Gere. Great pants. But I also have a pair called Kiruna in black. Almost like a pair of chinos in G1000. Perfectly ok to walk the city streets in.

Off course it helps to pass the original Fjällräven outlet in Örnsköldsvik every once in a while to buy samples.

Both are favourites.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE