G1000 and Greenland Wax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
Hi All,

I recently acquired a Fjallraven Greenland jacket in light green and today I decided to give it a coat of greenland wax. I applied the wax the best I could and gave it a warm with a hair dryer. The wax soaked in fine but has left the jacket very patchy and no matter what I do, I cannot get an even colour.

Is this normal, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Nick

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I think that's normal mate, my stuff can get patchy with a hair drier too. Try running an iron over it, that works better for me.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Yeh, I use an old iron that doesn't get used for the usual clothes (but on occassions have used the family iron). Much more even spread and quite easy to do.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Try to avoid the irons with the non stick coating on the plate, I knackered ours with it and had to buy another one.

The cheap plain stainless ones work well

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
Well, thanks guys for everyones input, I took the wifes.........o I mean our iron :) put it on medium heat and gave it rub over, it is looking much better now. The launderette tumble dryer is also a good option for next time.

Nick

fast but dim

Nomad
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
i'd say go with nikwax or grangers instead of geenland wax, far easier and just as (in)effective.

i really like g1000 as a fabric, but have never been impressed with it's waterproofiness.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE