funghi book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

Jamie

Hiya

Just thought that I would let you know of an excellent funghi id book Collins Guide to Mushrooms and Toadstools which I thought had gone out of print but have noticed that you can get it off Amazon second hand - well worth the £9.99 being asked for it. I am lucky enough to have a pretty old copy (1963) which goes every where with me.......well not everywhere! :wink:

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I've never been able to figure out which is which.

I only know Chantrelles and Field Mushrooms .
I once picked everything in sight bought them all home, looked at the book, and still could'nt work it out.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Right- I can do Field mushrooms,St Georges mushroom, Horse mushroom,
Giant puffball, Flyagaric, Amethyst decievers,birch bracket, earthball and Razor strop oh and beefsteak mushroom.And parasol,shaggy parasol,shaggy ink cap urrr penny bum(cep) thats about it me finks
Best book HAS to be Roger Philips, as this has clear photographs for easy identification.
Cheers Rich

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I agree with rich, The Roger Phillips book "Mushrooms and other fungi of britain & europe" Has excellent color photos and good descriptions :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I know you guys may be sick of me saying this but you can get a lot of Roger Phillips' books from the cheap bookshops. I presume they are bringing out a new edition. I have got most of them for £5 each

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
I got a Collins Gem for Funghi this weekend. £4.99.
Good photo's of the subject with two to three examples in many of the picks showing it from different angles etc.

Good descriptions plus an "Edible, Inedible, Poisonous" text. Tells you what they taste like, why you shouldn't really eat some of them, and for the nasty ones...what they do to your insides.

I though it was well laid out, and handy to take out with you too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE