Full member,can't pay by paypal,another way?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Is there another way to pay apart from Paypal?
I try to pay using it,but it keeps asking me to add a credit/debit card,which I don't want to do!

Cheers,
Andy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Is there another way to pay apart from Paypal?
I try to pay using it,but it keeps asking me to add a credit/debit card,which I don't want to do!

That's a Paypal standard procedure to ensure it has a way of making sure you can pay for something if you have got enough funds in your PP account

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You might as well register a card with them, for as bad as they are they're selling you a service and they're certainly not any worse than the bankers you've got the card with anyway; in fact there's not much difference at all...................

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I prefer to use paypal as it gives you another level of security when dealing with unknown traders. It also means you have a chance at getting some money back should it be a duff product or a scam artist.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you don't want to pay by paypal, which is pretty much instantaneous from the forum's point of view, then you can contact Tony or Shelly directly and they'll be happy to take a cheque or arrange a bank transfer.

cheers,
Toddy

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I have enough funds in my account to cover the transaction,so don't see the need to have to add a card.

As others said they deduct a tiny amount from your card it was two deductions when I registered a few years ago (pennies). When you then 'validate' with paypal you enter the amount(s) deducted and they refund you and off you go. They will use your bank account as the primary source of funding after that.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
As others said they deduct a tiny amount from your card it was two deductions when I registered a few years ago (pennies). When you then 'validate' with paypal you enter the amount(s) deducted and they refund you and off you go. They will use your bank account as the primary source of funding after that.

They actually deposit money not deduct it.

@ OP

You should contact Paypal support because as far as I know there is no requirement to have a card or bank account on file. If you have funds in your account then you shouldn't be asked to provide card details. The added card or bank account simply gives you and extra source for funds when paying invoices. If its asking you for card details there must be a specific reason so best thing to do is get in touch with them and find out.

However, what is the problem with having card on your account? They cant charge it without your permission/authorization if that is what you're worried about?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Heard too many horror stories about them taking money from card/bank account to refund people.

They will only do that if something you sell fails to turn up and you have insufficient funds in your paypal account.

End of the day there's not a lot you can do if you won't register a card to your account and they're requiring it.

As someone else said if you want to use Paypal you have to play by their rules regardless of what you feel about it.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
Heard too many horror stories about them taking money from card/bank account to refund people.
paypal works because they can do this it keeps everybody honest, if you want to stop them having your credit card details. get a card and then cancel the card. that does not sound very dodgy at all :) you do want us to trust you :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I have a separate credit card with a very low credit limit which I use for Internet transactions if I need to. If something goes wrong and all else fails I'll cut it in two and send it back - they can sue me if they like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE