FS 2 x down underquilts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
My 1st two DIY quilts.

Currently building my 3rd underquilt in Black/Red . My 1st two builds are now up for sale at pretty much build costs.

Details and images of both can be found here.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11881

1st one has been hung and used for one night. 2nd one just completed today.

800+ (EU rating) goose down filling in both. Pertex construction. Sewn through baffles.

Quilt 1 - Charcoal pertex 1.1 outer and pertex microlight inner £65 inc P&P in the UK.

Quilt 2 - Charcoal pertex 1.1 throughout. £55 inc P&P in the UK.

Other pics can be found here.

http://unsponsored.pinkbike.com/album/kit/

Email phil ATATTTT unsponsored DOTT co DOtTTT uk

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm pretty interested in these Phil, a couple of questions ...

What's the pack size ?

Have they been tested in the field yet, I like the principal and the down makes so much sense over my snugpak beasty.

What does Mk3 have lined up ?

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
1st one has been out, down to 4 deg C (while I was awake 10-11pm colder at around 2am) with quite a wind blowing. Nice and snug, I reckon down to 0 deg C would be easy enough. I used a Rab quantum 250 as my top bag.

Pack size

pbpic4298541.jpg

Loads of room in bag

pbpic4324442.jpg

With light compression. Weight is just under 420g with the stuff sack and bungee suspension kit.

The idea and design is used extensively in the USA. My design and dimensions is based on a number of well established designs. We have the advantage of being able to get hold of pertex relatively easy in the UK.

Mk3 is black 1.1 outer and teal microlight inner. It will be 160cm long.

Last edited:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I too could be interested. Is there any problems with down migration down the length of the baffles, I am assuming the baffles run the length and not the width of the quilt?
Pack size seems pretty good. I have to say for someone who once worked in the soft furnishing industry working with top notch seamstresses you sewing skills are to be admired.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE