Front pocket for a Sabre 45 ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Is there a pocket/pouch that fits to the front of the Sabre 45 ??

I have the side pockets and to be fair could manage but an extra wee bit of storage would be very handy.....any ideas ??

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
As an idea...

You could sew on a pair of the Correct Zips to take an additional PLCE style Sidepouch...

RV OPS do that modification to the Berghaus Vulcan and it works well.

As per:http://www.rvops.co.uk/berghaus-vulcan-bergen-extra-zips-605.html?zenid=95mtg8uem9o9q6frttqn0igfq2

If you were a bit handy with a sewing machine adding on some nylon tape in a 'MOLLE' or 'PALS' style means all sorts of pouches would fit.

Or you could resort to that good old stand by the black cable tie and 'jury rig' something up.

HTH

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
As johnboy says, there are a few options.
just remember what ever you do WILL effect the warranty I's personally would go for the Fastex QR type clips option just as it's less sewing and safer attachment.

anyone think we need a kit mod section? ;)

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
i certainly could do that (read: my wife could do that) but I don't want anything that big, it'll upset the balance of the pack, I was thinking more of a small pouch/pocket, such as this

http://pri.uk.com/index.php/load-carriage/sabre-rucsacs/sabre-80-130.html

See the wee front pouch, something like that.....I'm sure there must be something and trust I have trawled this forum until tedium....was hoping someone could simply point me inthe right direction.

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
i certainly could do that (read: my wife could do that) but I don't want anything that big, it'll upset the balance of the pack, I was thinking more of a small pouch/pocket, such as this

http://pri.uk.com/index.php/load-carriage/sabre-rucsacs/sabre-80-130.html

See the wee front pouch, something like that.....I'm sure there must be something and trust I have trawled this forum until tedium....was hoping someone could simply point me inthe right direction.

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.

Sorry my mind reading powers are not what they used to be...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A cheap MOLLE Pouch Sewn on would do the job...

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Yup agreed, for a bag around that size.
file_113.jpg

A SAW pouch perhaps?

US military MOLLE,
3746.gif

Or US Army ALICE version:
LBE012.JPG

Arktis make similar size pouches: (respirator pouch available in all sorts of colours not just DPM)
1759_Respirator_05.jpg

and webtex do something similar too.
Web-tex-Mini-Mi-Pouch.jpg

and there are many other manufacturers, all is not lost.

try a "Google" for "SAW pouch" or "mini-mi pouch" they should be around the right size hope that helps.

Last edited:

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I've done this to my Sabre 45, I fitted a Karrimor Omni pouch to the front using the ladder straps already there and an Molle adaptor I made myself (I'll post some photo's when I get home).

I originally fitted it to my Sabre 35 as seen here before I sold it ........

DSCF2896.jpg

To fit it on the Sabre 45 you don't need to modify the pack in anyway you just need to make the adaptor;) I'm just in the process of modifying my 45 to take one of the new Predator side pocket (2 x ammo + omni pouch) by fitting some extra PLCE clips.

One of these.........

http://www.soldiersurplus.co.uk/ruc...r-sf-predator-5-litre-side-pocket-single.html

I'll post some photo's when I'm done.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE