Friction folders!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep, friction folders! Old fashioned, practical, attractive and soo cool! :D

So, let's see what you got!

This is my walnut handled svord peasant knife (my late svord knife..), very good knife and great quality steel made much better with tough pretty scales made by Hillbill!

DSCF1355.jpg

I'd like to get another at some point so befoer I do I'd like to see what's out there!

Thanks for reading :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Sorry to intrude on your thread, but why are frictionfolders so great?

:eek:

personal taste?..

I like the simplicity and sturdyness of a well made one that I don't often feel in other folding knives. What don't you like about them?

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Sorry to intrude on your thread, but why are frictionfolders so great?

I have mine so I can carry a "slightly safer than non-locking" knife and still be ok within UK law. I have had to take a tiny bit off the lenght to keep it in the three inches rule. But for the price a svord is great value. Also mine is bright orange so looks a lot more tooley rather than knifey so anybody seeing me with it is less likely to get spooked.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Big fan of friction folders, only got one I did a few years back but I'll make a batch in future for sure.they're great in use in my opinion

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Two rather poor pics of mine. Made by Dave Budd. A fantastic knife and after a couple of years of faultless service I'm more than happy to recommend :approve: .

Open

And sheathed showing the integral bottle opener 'pokey out bit'

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'm a fan

this is a recent one of mine

View attachment 13430

always liked the SVORDS but they are a bit big

turns out they are releasing a smaller one SVORD PKM

PKM-500x.jpg

smallholder makes (or possibly made as I havn't seen any in a while) very nice bushcraft friction folders

Michael Morris and smokepole over on BB also make great folders

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Very nice.cheers for the link mate..

more info and pics here

Mariusz is a great guy who makes stunning knives - realy like his take on the woodlore style he's also been toying with the idea of a FF in the same style

very much an admirer of your sheaths mate

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That's a beauty! Here's mine, posted it before but one more won't hurt...

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

It's definately the most used and abused knife I own. Punches above it's weight every time. This thread has got me wanting to make more in the new year! Thanks for posting pics guys...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE