Free to good homes canvas tarps!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi there folks.
I have the following items up for grabs.
They are our scout groups eating shelter which has been made redundant following a lottery grant:D
They were destined for the skip but I have rescued them.
first up I have this huge fella which was the roof section.
DSC00507.jpg

This is doubled over and weighs a ton.
I then have 2 sections of this again doubled up.
DSC00508.jpg

These were the sides.
all the poles are to be weighed in for scrap so it's just the canvas.
The shelter was waterproof and took a mega lashing last summer and didn't leak through the canvas. There is a musty smell with it as would be expected.
I am going to keep part of one of the sides I think to make a roof for my lean to log store (when I build it:eek: ).
I believe the roof was made from haulage tarp back in the day when it was commonly used for such purposes.

Obviously this will be for collection only from Stoke on trent.
The roof would make an excellent semi permanent woodland shelter or the whole lot could be made into swags or whatever. I could possibly cut into sections and take to midlands meet but not sure how much room I will have.

This stuff is free of charge, but I think a small donation to my scout group would be a nice gesture:D

Come on then, save it from the skip.

Bodge:)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Very generous :You_Rock_ - If the roof section falls through with flakey (sp) i'll have it please :), I'd need to organise someone to pick up for me though.

Anyone near there that could bring this to the Moot for me?

Very generous :You_Rock_ - If the roof section falls through with flakey (sp) i'll have it please :), I'd need to organise someone to pick up for me though.

Anyone near there that could bring this to the Moot for me?

Ok Tony. flakey has dropped out, he isn't in any rush for a cotton tarp and kindly decided you could put it to better use maybe.
It's yours mate, you just need to arrange delivery to the moot. due to it's size and weight it maybe too large for someone to carry in their car with other kit etc, but I believe wayland is going to the midlands meet and his van is always full of kit:D so I guess if you contact him something could be sorted.
I am going to the midlands meet but I'm not sure I will fit everything in as I'm taking 1 or 2 tarp sides down for other members and will have the kids and kit with me.
I live in north staffordshire
Stick a post up and see what you can come up with, I'm sure something can be worked out.

Bodge:)

PM to follow

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks Flaky ;)

Right, i'll see what I can sort out, i'll assume that you can't get it to the Midlands meet. I'm not sure where the midlands meet is?

So I need someone going up and down the M6...I'll ask about

Thanks Mate
T

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE