Free Sewing Machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushBob

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2013
East Mids
All,

I went to the tip after Christmas and saw a bloke about to chuck a box that looked like a sewing machine case into one of the bins. He let me have it. It's a "Crown Point". Not sure of the model. There's a sticker that says it was PAT tested in 2007, which suggests its been in some sort of premises or institution.

I've plugged it in and run it. It seems to work. I've no idea what all the controls are for, but it appears to do a range of stiches, zig zag, etc.

It isn't pretty, but would get someone started.

I don't want to post it, but you're welcome to collect either from my house in Staffordshire or from my work, in central Birmingham.

Free to a good (or bad) home.

Cheers,

Bob

BushBob

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2013
East Mids
Neil,

That's no problem, although I'm a bit concerned that a courier might charge you more than its worth.

If you want to go ahead it'll probably be cheaper for you to get your courier to pick it up from my office in Birmingham. It's a bit nearer to you and there are more pick ups here than in the area where I live. I saved about £30 on a pallet I had sent from Salisbury.

Let me know if you want to go ahead and I'll bring the machine into work and PM you my details.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks to BushBob, I took a couple of sewing machines to Cubs last night and got them all making simple pouches. They loved it and might be hassling a parent to get the unused sewing machine out of the loft when they get home...
3d982dea96bbdaff95a65dbe62348883.jpg

Handcrafted bags and kit upcycled from leather, canvas and even rubber at http://www.ragsto.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE