Free malware program recomendations...........

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Well malwarebytes seems to be ok,ive done a few scans,,full and part and does find malware.Deleted and seems to be much quicker than before.............

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well malwarebytes seems to be ok,ive done a few scans,,full and part and does find malware.Deleted and seems to be much quicker than before.............

I did the same, doing a full scan took over 8 hours but it turned up 9 items of concern to it :)

Jammylodger

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Leicester
Hi,
I see most of you good folk are recommending Malwarebytes, it's not a program I'm familiar with, "but then there are loads to choose from"
I use "zone alarm" which acts as a firewall as well as a spyware cleaner, it even does regular scans for you, and you know what the say about the benefits of being regular.
I've always found this to be easy to use, and have never had any issues.
I'm sure there will be many online reviews offering more info.

Good luck with what ever choice you make.

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
Safe mode with networking
Superantispyware
Malwarebytes

job's a good un :D

just please stay away from Norton and AVG i beg you

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
+1 on that

Look online and see how many problems Joe Public has when messing about with Linux et al... there are a lot. Drivers for printers, dongles, etc.etc are very common. Now whilst you may have no problem sitting there and downloading drivers (often from a Windows based machine) many other folk will. Take onboard many folk here would panic at the thought of reinstalling the likes of Windows 7 (put in disk, click a couple of prompts and off you go your up and running), how on earth do you think they would get on faffing about with Linux... the word 'stuffed' springs to mind.

I'm running Mint for some stuff on an old laptop but to be honest its no better than XP for the radio ham stuff I run.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
What is wrong with avg? I've used it with no problems for 5 years.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Its a steaming pile of useless crap and its as much use as a chocolate teapot.

You've probably had no problems because you have used common sense in your activity's or you "think" you have had no problems but AVG just hasnt picked them up. On the other side its gives out more false positives then any other AV I have come across.

If you want a decent AV/Malware scanner use ESET. I use ESET Smart Security plus either malwarebytes or superantispyware on my or my friends systems.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good advice above, I use Avast and Spybot, but I'm tending to use the lappy less and less. Ipad works fine.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Look online and see how many problems Joe Public has when messing about with Linux et al... there are a lot. Drivers for printers, dongles, etc.etc are very common. Now whilst you may have no problem sitting there and downloading drivers (often from a Windows based machine) many other folk will. Take onboard many folk here would panic at the thought of reinstalling the likes of Windows 7 (put in disk, click a couple of prompts and off you go your up and running), how on earth do you think they would get on faffing about with Linux... the word 'stuffed' springs to mind.

I'm running Mint for some stuff on an old laptop but to be honest its no better than XP for the radio ham stuff I run.

To be fair I'm running Semplice, and had no major issues, less issue than the virus issues I got with windoze and if learnd a bit of stuff in the process.

its not for every one but with a good stable distro and a forum as good as this backing it up things are not so bad.. omo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE