Free Leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
Apologies is this isn't the correct forum to offer this, but I know some of you are a dab hand at leather work. Sadly my mum has just died and upon clearing her house I came accross a massive bag of leather off cuts and a roll of think quality leather. All of it is free to anyone who wants it. Obviously it would have to be collection only or I could drop it anywhere for the price of the fuel only. I would imagine it would cost quite a few quid for postage, hence me saying pick up. Leeds area.

IMG_2398.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2399.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
Thanks for the best wishes peeps. As to the leather, I knew there were people on here who would love to use it and could produce something usefull from it. Glad it can be used productively.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Sorry for your loss.

The leather looks like upholstery stuff - plastic coated (can't remember the technical term) but nice and soft for bags etc. Someone on here made me some once for the GIOT but left the suede side outer. Having acquired a massive amount for not much more than free, I need to do the same as it's just sitting there in the shed doing nothing at the moment, all 90 square feet of it!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Sorry for your loss.

The leather looks like upholstery stuff - plastic coated (can't remember the technical term) but nice and soft for bags etc. Someone on here made me some once for the GIOT but left the suede side outer. Having acquired a massive amount for not much more than free, I need to do the same as it's just sitting there in the shed doing nothing at the moment, all 90 square feet of it!
The vast majority of it is good leather not much pleather.

Some is marked from
http://www.hewit.com/

Looks like it was used for bookbinding and clothes. Some samples had gold letters embossed and there were sewing patterns in their too.

Thanks so much.

Mike.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE