Free handmade soap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
We have made a batch of soap that is not up to scratch rather than throw it we have decided to give it to the members of the forum, there is not much of it so first come basis gets it, just tell us what you think of it, as I said it went a little wrong but is still a natural product and still very useable.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
I only use real soap. I'd be very happy to write you a review for a free sample.
If there is enough to go round please let me know.

xylaria

We have made a batch of soap that is not up to scratch rather than throw it we have decided to give it to the members of the forum, there is not much of it so first come basis gets it, just tell us what you think of it, as I said it went a little wrong but is still a natural product and still very useable.

Ummmmm. Woodstock should of asked before posting this!!!!!

I made one batch of chocolate orange and gorse blossum that has turned out too hard to cut without crumbling. People can have some but it is in bits, this soap last for ages.

I made one batch of pine tar with coconut oil that is too soft. We have 6 small round soaps to give away, it goes mushy quickly.

I have one batch of pine tar which our tester said could do with more pine tar. This batch is just right for hardness and lather. Good if you want to add the smoky campfire effect to a shower. This soap has beef tallowate so is not veggie.

I now have batch of pine tar and allantoin* which has some small tester sizes. It would be good if some of the testers can go to people with skin problems. However it is nice to use on bramble scratched skin as well. This will be the bar that will be on sale in four weeks time. It will be cheaper than grampas.

*allantoin is the active chemical in comfrey it speeds up the healing of skin.

I will let woodstock out of the dog house now.

Most of the soaps are under 100gms and less than 2.5 cm thick so cost 69p to post. I need to de-clutter my research and development projects.

Send me a pm and say want you are interested in. I can do mixed bags but bare in mind in the stupidly that is the british postal system the postage goes up to £1.10p at 100gms.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you ever get a good pine tar recipe Xylaria (one that is a good hardness and doesn't trace like lightning) I'd love to hear about it - I do struggle with it!

xylaria

The trick is work in a cold room, the fats should be nearly solidifying, then move really really fast to get it into the mold once the lye is mixed in. It is very difficult to make compared to other soaps. It took me three attempts just to get something that wasnt complete mess. The internet does lack good recipes and method for pine soap.

It reacts nearly instantly because the pine tar makes an aspirin like compound that is good for psoriasis, dry skin ect when the lye is added.

I will put up a picture tutorial once the caravan I work from is moved this weekend.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thank you. I have achieved acceptable results - but like you say it traces blindingly fast. I suspect my fat base was warmer than you suggest.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Any soap left?

Silver Trader i'd love to try the one for people with skin troubles, the eczema on my hands drives me crazy this time of year i literally look like i have been razor blading my finger sides right now, happy to cover postage no problemo if you have any left, i'll also write up a review once i find where they go on the site

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I would love to try the pine tar. I've made soap before but have never attempt a pine; it notoriously difficult.

Any soap left?

Silver Trader i'd love to try the one for people with skin troubles, the eczema on my hands drives me crazy this time of year i literally look like i have been razor blading my finger sides right now, happy to cover postage no problemo if you have any left, i'll also write up a review once i find where they go on the site

If you could Pm me or Xlaria your details we will get some out for you to try, and anyone else on the list that has'nt had some

thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE