Francis Barker M73 Prismatic Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
*** SOLD ***

I bought this a while ago and have only used it the once out in the field. It is simply one of the best compasses that you can buy without spending silly money. This one is in Mils, which is not to everyone's taste but it is so accurate it is hard to fault. The sighting method lets you see the readings on the compass as you take the bearing, with the clever use of mirrors. This is built like a tank and has quality written all over it. This is in near mint condition & has been well looked after.

Sales Blurb:
"The Francis Barker range of Liquid Prismatic Compasses includes some of the finest professional compasses ever made. The Francis Barker traditional military liquid prismatic compass is currently in service with many defence forces around the world and has been for many years. Built to meet the exacting specifications demanded by military users, it is the compass that officers of the British Army have used for generations.
All three models are made entirely in England and provide the ideal choice for the professional or recreational user. The design itself, developed over many years, is simple and yet highly accurate in use. Shock resistant, the compasses are built to withstand the toughest conditions likely to be encountered anywhere in the world. Each compass has all the features required for taking bearings from either a map or distant objects by day or by night. The five Tritium light sources allow all the compass functions to be used as normal by night as well."

Specs:-

"The M-73 Liquid Prismatic Compass is a robust, precision instrument of predominantly brass construction, designed to withstand the most arduous climatic conditions.
Quick, precise settlement of the liquid filled dial assembly allows rapid use of the compass in field conditions.
Five self-luminous tritium light sources enable full night and daylight operation and every component of the M-73 can be replaced leading to years of continuous, reliable use"
Size 85 x 60 x 34mm Weight 210gOperating Temperature -30°C to +55°C Pivot Sapphire Jewel Liquid Purified Kerosene Graduation Mils (6400 Divisions) Night Illumination 5 Tritium Light Source Accuracy One half of one degree (10 mils)

£100 Posted by Recorded Delivery

M73closed.jpgM73open.jpgM73open2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
This is certainly a great compass & while I have played with it at home I dont take it out in the field, so I am having a slow clean out of kit ready for the next round of purchases. Thanks for the Bump

Nov 27, 2012
Bristol
Hello, I'm interested.
Will need some reassurance or guarantee about delivery, recorded delivery is all well and good, as long it makes it to the post office. Don't mean to be pessimistic or offensive in any way, just once burnt... And also have very limited funds to buy my ex military father a 70th birthday present and any mis-purchases on my part would leave him wanting...
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Matt.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
PM is heading your way. No problem about your questions. I always send stuff recorded & tracked, so that we can all see that it went and that it was signed for by someone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE