Framar Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lemoneyewash

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2004
UK
He might not think he has to be polite to customers :rolleyes:

Trouble with an 'attitude' is that folk like me, who've never purchased from him, probably won't bother even looking at him for a buy now I've read this. Shame, he MAY just have been having a bad day... ;)

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Hi,
Although I haven't dealt with Framar for some years I have purchasd several knives from him. I have spoken to him several times over the phone and have received nothing but kind words and excellent service from him.
Perhaps you just caught him on a bad day?
Tack

Isshogai

Nov 7, 2004
Wakefield West Yorkshire
I bought a Project 1 from Framar many years ago, though I think they were actually called Framar Shooting World at the time.

I visited the shop and received honest, frank northern advice ;)

No drama, no problem.

leon-1

Isshogai said:
I bought a Project 1 from Framar many years ago, though I think they were actually called Framar Shooting World at the time.

I visited the shop and received honest, frank northern advice ;)

No drama, no problem.

Yep, you are quite right, they were called Framar Shooting World, I haven't used them in years, but they were very good and had a very good reputation as well.

Sandbender see how it goes and let us know, it would be a shame if they have changed.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
once upon a time they were arguably the best knife dealers in the uk. i've always found frank to be a pleasure to deal with. it's a little tiny shop and i wouldspend the first hour just drooling over the glass displaycases. i used to get all my knives from them. these days, though it pains me to say it, better advice can be found here, and better deals had elsewhere on the net. (if youre happy to shop internationally)

framar

cheers, and.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
sandbender said:
Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

http://www.framarknives.co.uk

They (He?) seems a little taciturn.

Cheers

Errrr..... yeah, years ago I bought a Chris Reeves knife from them.

They were called Framar shooting world then (about 1990) and as I remember the service was just fine.

A few years later I ordered a Cold Steel Master Hunter for a mate and again the service was just fine.

Not done any dealings with them for years but would not worry about doing it again :)

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
I got a Chris Reeve knife from them about 18 months ago and have had dealings with them since the late eighties and they've always been excellent.

Mark

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Problem solved...

Framer were under attack from an email virus, contact with the outside world has been restored.

:)

Edited to add:

Superb service, cannot recommend them highly enough. :)

Last edited:

nrj

Aug 23, 2004
ENGLAND
I have only dealt with them once,I travelled 150 miles to buy a particular Randall knife that I was assured was available,when I got there the place was shut even though it was 11am,I left a note and a mobile number and they did ring me to apologise about the late opening,I called back later in the day and the knife I'd travelled to buy had been sold "months" before.I decided to buy another Randall that was in stock and was given a great deal,only problem is that my knife is still on their website for sale 2 years later ! Nice people but a little inept.

Holland1953

May 5, 2022
Arizona, USA
Sorry for joining so late. Yes - I've had dealings with Frank many years ago and he's always had time for pleasant chats with me - even if I never bought from him or visited the shop.
I used to deal with his oppo, Mark - but who left about 20 years ago or more and of which I never heard again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE