Fox hunting, banned.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Les Marshall said:
I have to aggree with Wayne on this. I never trust government enquiries. I may be a cynic, but any government can make the results of an enquiry go which ever way they want.

I agree. What surprised everyone was the fact that the Burns Inquiry did not find hunting to be inherently cruel. Both sides of the debate expected that it would. Hunters because it was a Government Inquiry and expected Government to use the findings as justification, antis because they believed it to be so - and because it was a Government Inquiry.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I decided to participate again in this thread. It seems to me its just bogged down now in hair splitting and point scoring. Sometimes we have to accept we cannot agree with someone, but still have respect for them. Myself I got t*****d for mentioning coal mining and communism and fox-meat, as they didnt factor in to the debate. Fair comment. But take a look at whats been covered/mentioned/referred to/etc-the collective unconscious, modern farming methods, local govt, ideology, anthropology, plains indians, buffalo, pagan rituals, copernicus, the roman empire, tennis, afghanistan, child abuse, serial killers,healthcare, arabs, road & rail transport, israel, islam, iraq, social class, civil war, tobacco, george bush, imigration, emergency services, martial arts, GNP, george lucas, youth courts, amnesty international, psychology, and fish wee, etc, etc, etc. How all that relates to hunting fox with dogs beats me. :?:
Enough said, this thread's got a tad, er, boring?
Mr (Pragmatic) dazzler :wink:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
mr dazzler said:
I decided to participate again in this thread. It seems to me its just bogged down now in hair splitting and point scoring. Sometimes we have to accept we cannot agree with someone, but still have respect for them. Myself I got t*****d for mentioning coal mining and communism and fox-meat, as they didnt factor in to the debate. Fair comment. But take a look at whats been covered/mentioned/referred to/etc-the collective unconscious, modern farming methods, local govt, ideology, anthropology, plains indians, buffalo, pagan rituals, copernicus, the roman empire, tennis, afghanistan, child abuse, serial killers,healthcare, arabs, road & rail transport, israel, islam, iraq, social class, civil war, tobacco, george bush, imigration, emergency services, martial arts, GNP, george lucas, youth courts, amnesty international, psychology, and fish wee, etc, etc, etc. How all that relates to hunting fox with dogs beats me. :?:
Enough said, this thread's got a tad, er, boring?
Mr (Pragmatic) dazzler :wink:

Yep, you're right :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE