Fox Compso vs Cold Steel Super Edge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Two days ago I was driving here around my Panda 4x4

and I realized that I had two neck knives in my bag, the Fox Compso and the Cold Steel Super Edge

They are two very compact and light knives, and they were made to carry them around the neck, or in a pocket, in a bag or at the rucksack shoulder strap

The Fox Compso has a total lenght of 145 mm, the blade is 70mm lenght; the Cold Steel SE is even smaller, the total length is 105mm, the blade’s length is 50mm

Handling the Fox Compso

Handling the Cold Steel SE

Fox Compso blade, is a modified spear-point, thickness is 3mm, scandi high-grind and long false edge

Cold Steel SE blade, is a pure spear-point, full-flat grind, thickness is 1,5mm, and is serrated

Carving wood, the Fox Compso works fairly well, the handle is long enough to allow a good control and pressure

Some feathers, it’s easy to obtain them

Carving wood with the Cold Steel SE, the handle is a bit too small to work properly

Some feathers, it’s easy to obtain them thanks to the serrated blade too

Conclusions:

both the Fox Compso and the Cold Steel Super Edge they are very practical knives, and they both are great for EDC, being small, compact, light, easy to carry and very efficient to cut. The Fox Compso imho is good too for outdoor activities, the handle is long enough to carve wood and the holes on the handle and the blade allow, in case, to fix it to a wooden handle (see here , at 4:51 Fox Compso 31dic2012 - YouTube ). The Cold Steel Super Edge is very, very light and small, it’s great to be attached at your key-ring if you want a capable fixed blade in every moment, or for an emergency kit.

Ciao,
Alfredo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE