Fox 1 v Hunter 0

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Sniper-Fox-770.jpg

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Then the fox went off and died a slow agonizing death. Poor example, all around, of hunting. It should have been a quick follow-up dispatching shot to end the hunt. It is never good when a hunter is shot!

Gordy

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
...Poor example, all around, of hunting. It should have been a quick follow-up dispatching shot to end the hunt. It is never good when a hunter is shot!

Gordy

Well, in fairness to the fox, he probably doesn't have much shooting experience. I'm sure a bit more practice on the shooting range and he could have finished off the swine in one shot and not left him injured like that.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Time spent in practice is time well spent, agreed!

he could have finished off the swine in one shot and not left him injured like that.

First off, the fox is not swine. Second, with a statement shuch as that, you obviously have very little, if any, actual hunting experience.

Gordon

Last edited:

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Then the fox went off and died a slow agonizing death. Poor example, all around, of hunting. It should have been a quick follow-up dispatching shot to end the hunt. It is never good when a hunter is shot!

Gordy

Think every one would agree with you on that.

Well, in fairness to the fox, he probably doesn't have much shooting experience. I'm sure a bit more practice on the shooting range and he could have finished off the swine in one shot and not left him injured like that.

As for shooting the "Swine" I do belive Durulz was referring to the hunter not the fox.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Yes, I see that now. It still does not sit well, durulz is advocating that it is OK for the hunter to have been shot. Not funny, even if an attempt at humor.

Gordy

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Not to worry about that hunter, I've more than evened the score. :)

Foxhunting is a bizarre sport that simply can't be explained to anyone who hasn't been there and done that. I was a three-phase eventer with no interest in it until someone talked me into going on a couple. I know it's a controversial class-warfare issue in Britain, but it's more fun than a flock of sheep and no witnesses.

As Winston Churchill said, "Half the excitement of a cavalry charge with only a quarter of the danger."

GreenSpring.jpg

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
It still does not sit well, durulz is advocating that it is OK for the hunter to have been shot.

But if he is carrying and operating a fire arm there is a chance there will be an accident. We all carry knives and there's a chance we will be cut.

My moto is: If you live by the sword, be prepared to die by the sword". In other words if a hunter is going to fire a gun, there's a chance he/she may be shot. Just my opinion of course.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
In other words if a hunter is going to fire a gun, there's a chance he/she may be shot. Just my opinion of course.

Yes, there is the chance. But if it did happen, would you not agree that that would be terrible for the hunter. Are you advocating that it would be OK?

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE