Forum upgrade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
All error messages see by users since approximately 13:25 have been as a result of a work carried out to patch a serious security vulnerability in the forum discovered by the makers. This work has now been carried out and hopefully everything that worked before will now be working again. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this but I'm sure that you appreciate why I didn't want to publicize a security upgrade before it was carried out! :wink:

However, it doesn't end there - over the weekend I intend to carry out a full forum upgrade to the latest 3.0.5 version of the forum that will fix many other issues - the fixes and changes in this new version are enough to warrant the upgrade. This however will mean that the forum will be unavailable for a time and that it may be necessary to disable certain modifications pending their reintegration into the forum.

In order to do this I will take the forum offline at some point during the weekend.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Upgrades will only affect the core forum software - there may be a delay in getting the blogs and gallery reintegrated though. Same goes for the arcade. Other minor tweaks will be reintegrated as time goes on.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
so we will be without BCUK for a while? :cry: could you give us a rough estimate as to when, and how long, chears. :biggthump

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
so we will be without BCUK for a while? :cry: could you give us a rough estimate as to when, and how long, chears. :biggthump
Hopefully, no more than a few hours, but I might do it later in the evening.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
The forum willl be going down shortly. (Can't say exactly how long for, but I would expect it will be at least midnight before it's up again. :wink:)

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Nothing really from the user side - a few bug fixes, code tightening up, typos fixed. This has given us the opportunity to clean up the code for a lot of the modifications done here though - hopefully things will be faster, more robust and more secure.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Thanks Martin! :biggthump

I should add that if anyone is experiencing any problems since the upgrade to please let us know.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
The gallery is being upgraded at 12-30 today. Some functions may be unavailable following this.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Gallery upgrade complete. If anyone is experiencing any problems since the upgrade to please let us know. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE