Forged Firesteels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Ok guys, apparently I don't have any left, I have some, but they aint the quality I like, so I have to make some new ones. I'm busy with a tractor at the moment but I guess I should be done tomorrow, so I'll have more steels ready by friday, hopefully! :) thanks.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Good evening! I have made some more steels to fill the orders and I have about 5 sets left. PM sent to all that had an interest and if anyone else is after a fire lighting kit that is hand made by my with all the love I can give, please feel free to PM me for details. THANKS ALL, have a good weekend! Andy ;)

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Cheers guys, today I tried a new tinder to light fire, usually I try to find dry grass, but today i couldn't find any so I got a bundle of birch bark shavings. Work really really well and fire was lit in under a minute. So give it go if you don't find dry grass although it's not that fast to collect and prepare.

Andy

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Nope, I'm still waiting funds for a few, but they're booked ;) I'll be making new ones any time soon, so I'll give you a shout Mr. Toots, alright? :)

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Hello again Joab. No, unfortunately I never had a chance to make one, or to see one being made except in youtube. But that day will come sooner or later :D I'm setting up for a wide range of tool making, because I love good tools, like adzes, gouges and I'm totally mad about axes, but as I said, never had a chance to make any yet. :) That website should be translated and updated too :D

jimfbte

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2005
Hawaii, US
stuckinthewoods.info
Just received a shipment of four of Andy's excellent firesteels. I'm using them for a class for young people on old ways to make fire. They make great big sparks. Andy graciously included extra flints at no cost when I explained that Hawaii is volcanic and we have no flint or quartz. We do have a little obsidian, but they shatter when struck hard. The native fire-making technique here is the fire plough.

I may use one of Andy's neat fire-kit-and-pouch as a prize at the end of the course.

Jim FBtE

Nope, I'm still waiting funds for a few, but they're booked ;) I'll be making new ones any time soon, so I'll give you a shout Mr. Toots, alright? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE