For you Titanium lovers

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Excellent - was just about to scribble down wire mesh onto my BQ list to make a nice replacement lightweight pot stand for my alcohol stove but this fits the bill nicely. Well spotted Richard.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
This seller is excellent to deal with!
happy0034.gif

I bought some titanium tent pegs, here, from the seller and the transaction and products were perfect, as was the packaging and delivery.

Highly recommended!
happy0054.gif

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Mine just arrived - very strange looks from the Admin team when they were opening my mail, lol. They are used to wierd bushy things but failed to work out what this one was for.

Anyways, I cant see whats "inferior" wrong witht he cutting. Slots together great. The only thing is that its actually quite heavy. I mean its definitly Ti but its so thick that it may as well have been made of somehting else. Still a lot of Ti for a little bit of money and should last forever. What a great seller to deal with.

Tom

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
Mine arrived today. Pretty well perfect, very slight buckling around the round holes but that's really just a small cosmetic flaw that'll be invisible after I've used it for a bit. Top bit of kit, very happy with it.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I just received mine and it's in perfect working order with just a few small cosmetic blemishes.
It's a very good piece of kit, much less unwieldy than my Clikstand or other stoves of this type, it consisting of just 3 strong parts and weighing 88gms.
A useful feature is that each part is drilled for a carabiner type clip so preventing the loss of a section after dis-assembly.
Another feature, often over looked on these sort of stands, is the diameter of pots that they can carry, this stand holds a cup that is as wide the rim of a Trangia burner.
All corners are rounded so no paranoia about puncturing your rucksack.
Using this stand in conjunction with a light weight wind shield is going to be my cooker of first choice in the future.
Delivery time from HK to Ireland was 7 days.
Happy trails...torc.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I just found a video of the stand that seems to show a fully developed production model.
The stands for sale on EBay look to me to be development variations or prototypes, the only thing they do not include is the wrench features but this does not diminish their capabilities in any way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkx-hq0D8t0
Happy trails...torc.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
If a film ever needed a little editing :) But really good to see, thanks for the link. Has anyone tried it with the Trangia (Nova) liquid fuel burner - does it fit as it's not mentioned.

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
I have bought one; it appears to be a improved version of a Trangia Westwings stove. The titanium version is a good price as the original aluminium Westwind stove sells for around $17/ £13 in the US.

I picked up one of these yesterday;
http://www.george-east.com/index.ph...sink+strainer&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

I think they have been utilised before by other members on BCUK, however this lilltle gizmo fits the titanium stand perfectly and hopefully make a good base for hexy or Esbit fuel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE