For trade: SASS kit carry smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
I've wanted a SASS smock for years, and when I could finally afford one, they had closed shop. I've just managed to source an almost unused kit carry smock but it's too big for my svelte frame (not often I get to say that :rolleyes: )

Long shot I know, but if anyone has a smaller one and needs a bigger one...

Mine is allegedly around 180/97 issue size; the label says 97cm. Pit to pit it's about 26", I'm 5'8 and about 42-44" chest and it's too long and too big for me. From the collar seam at the back to the bottom edge it's 35" long. At the front it's 33.5" from bottom edge to top, measuring up where the zip is.

Edit: I've just noticed a mystery stain on the hood, which I hadn't unrolled. It looks like it's had coffee-coloured liquid spilled on it or similar. Not bad, and it actually blends in with the DPM. Certainly would not bother me if I kept the smock.

It looks in brilliant, lightly used condition. As you can see in the photo's the DMP colouring looks practically new. Anyone who remembers SASS knows the absolute top quality of this smock. It's simply the best windproof smock ever made, a world away from the usual issue and third party stuff we see around. The Kit Carry version has pockets all around the bottom, on the chest, arms, etc, tape-fixed no-loose buttons, roll-away hood, knitted cuffs (I love these, so much better than velcro), attachment tabs, and so on.

The main signs of use are the previous owner's name and rank written on the inside, and the cord hem etc adjusters are frayed at the ends.

Frankly, I could almost cry that this doesn't fit; I really wanted one of these. I suppose I could wear a couple of sweaters underneath, but I sweat enough as it is.

I might be interested in other trades, but really I want a good smock like this one. Trade value is around £100 - they were far more than that new, even ten years ago when I first discovered them!

PICT0238.JPG

PICT0239.JPG

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE