Foot Powder now that 'Mycil' powder unavailable

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ChrisM

Jan 8, 2009
Surrey (but may move in 2009)
Hi All,

Given that the likes of 'Mycil' anti-fungal Talcum POWDER has been removed from shelves, what have you, or the military, found to be an acceptable proprietary foot POWDER for Jungle/moist environments/conditions and foot care?

Best Wishes,

Chris.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Cheers for posting this I didn't realise it had been withdrawn. As I've only a little left I will be interested in seeing the replies. Cheers

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was about to suggest tea tree essential oil added to ordinary talcum powder, one of the unscented baby ones maybe ? but if you just rub a little of the oil into your feet it stops fungal infections very effectively. You can mix it with a little olive oil and melted beeswax to make a stuff like lipsyl that won't mind the weather, won't make a mess in a pack and goes on easily.

cheers,
Toddy

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
As an aside, I used the talk side of the product after a long day to treat my feet, if you just want something that will kill fungus, it's worth getting some potassium permanganate - yes it makes your feet brown but it works a treat and can also be used to start a fire by adding glycerine.

Reactions: bigbeewee

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
For a general foot powder I just use corn starch; cheap and available in the baking section of any grocery store. It keeps feet dry and healthy.

To treat athlete's foot I use any cream that contains clotrimozole. A generic is fine.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
i have realy bad athleats foot and the only thing that has worked for me is canisten HD subscribed by my doctor that contains a mild steroid.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
I didn't know "tench foot" was a major problem here in the UK :lol: :lol: I always use a pair of cheap flip flops after a days walking !! Just let the air get to your feet :)

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Hi Dartmoor Navigator

The Mycil dilema is just that the relevant pharmacutical companies that manufactur Mycil and other foot powders including Boots own have failed to re-new the licences for the products in the UK hence problems with supply, If you search around on the web you can still find it but the price is going up fast.

I still don't understand what happened to Mycil??? Does anyone know?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE