Foot Bridge Project - or - Little bad wolf's Crossing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jimmy Whisper

Sep 9, 2015
North East US
The little guy and I both like building things. Just about anything in fact. Since the little bad wolf is big enough for our wanderings and walkabouts to take us farther into the woods now, I decided a foot bridge would be a good idea. It will allow the little guy to cross the creek that separates home from my fall and winter camp. I usually cross via a couple of logs farther downstream but they are often submerged and they're too far apart for him to use anyway. He has crisscrossed the stream plenty of times this summer but now that the water is getting cooler my explanation of hypothermia is starting to make a little more sense.

Today we scouted a location for the bridge. We chose an area that is about 24" higher than the normal water level on both banks because I've seen the stream rise 18" overnight from rain plenty of times. The near side has a muddy shallow area I'm planning to use for a pier location. It should help make the task of spanning the 24' distance a bit easier since I think a simple beam bridge should work. After we picked the location we started to round up logs. A downed tree that was overgrown by vines was the first candidate. We spent the rest of day 1 clearing away brush, vines, and removing branches.

I'll update when we make more progress.

82BCEC7B-DC1D-4D66-8A8B-F4D6B0A35BB8.jpg

3D25DD52-384B-4519-8416-1D64E284EC28.jpg

23043B42-88EE-45CB-BB58-DB66DDB127BE.jpg

9E819222-F127-4B56-A7EF-DCE65FCB89A3.jpg

E29B9FED-EAA4-4903-8C03-C87CAB5B56BE.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks like you and the lad will have fun doing that. Hope it all goes well and look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE