food containers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Snap-lock plastic boxes from the supermarket and boil-a-bags from Lakeland.

Any food I take goes into an ancient mini coca-cola cool bag just big enough to take pop 6 cans. Anything that`s slightly liquid or messy goes in the plastic boxes and the rest gets stuffed around them.

I`ve got into my salamis lately so they can just be thrown in the rucksack no bother.

Rich

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Did take some bread baps once. Got two 2L bottles, cut the top off both and put a slice down the side of one. Then can put the baps inside the sliced one, and slide the other over the top.

Stopped them from getting crushed, and even dry after my rucksack took a 20 metre swim down a river.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
A local "cheapy" shop sells a set of three nesting stainless steel bottomed tupperware copies with plastic lids. They're great for storing all sorts of stuff in and have the added bonus of being capable of going straight onto the fire to cook in. If you cook in the smaller two tubs, they can be put into the largest one for clean transport home to get washed.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have a hard mini coolbox, and a soft one too.

But they end up filled with pop cans....

And plenty of plastic containers

Dont get the hard polycarbonate...they break (As I found out after paying a lot for a lunch box some time ago) go for the soft vinyl plastic.

or reused ones from your takeaway.

the pop bottle idea is good

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE