Food Box

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
On a complete whim I bought a pine bread box with a hinged lid in Sainsburys today for £10. The idea being to keep all delicate food, like biscuits, packets of soup, mars bars etc in it while at camp.

It doesn't not apear to be varnished but I want to seal it in such a way that it is protected but can still breath, my first reaction was some kind of wax, but I really don't have a clue and would welcome suggestions please. :eek:

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Hi Zodiak, try Danish Oil. I use it on my oak kitchen table. It seals, has a low sheen and allows the wood to "breath"

Andy

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Mr_Rimps said:
Hi Zodiak, try Danish Oil. I use it on my oak kitchen table. It seals, has a low sheen and allows the wood to "breath"

Andy
Ok bought it, now I have to wait for the wife to go out so I can use it in the kitchen.

She still hasn't forgiven me for experiments with a fire bow setting off the smoke alarms at 2AM. :(

And I still havn't mastered it due to a bad back :banghead:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE